Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Yuma, May 14, 2019.

1. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

The Suns traded Bledsoe and fired Watson largely because of Rich Paul, we're not going to draft another PG he reps, especially when there is another PG who projects to be on the same level as him available.

I think White will have a much better career than Garland but I'm surprised so many are overlooking the Rich Paul connection.

Chris_Sanders likes this.
  2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Hmm this is the first I’ve heard of that. But I’m going to say that sounds awfully convenient coming out now.

3. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

I don't know much more than he is having surgery for it and he'll be out for about 6 weeks. I think the injury and the surgery are legit, I just don't know how much of a factor it played in his performance this season.

4. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Played like he had a brain injury.

5. AzStevenCal

Like I said, I don't know how much the injury actually impacted him. And who knows, maybe it took a bite out of his confidence?

6. AzStevenCal

Well, I just googled the injury on Reddish and didn't learn any more but the reports I see now refer to it as a minor procedure.

7. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Well that’s something.

8. Folster

Folster The system doesn't work.

9. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

Bahahaha thought NO getting the pick boded well for the Suns getting the pg they wanted in this draft. Watch both White and Garland get picked now before the Suns turn.

10. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

I find it hard to believe Gambo knows how the Pelicans plan on using that pick already. All accounts were that Griffin wanted to keep Lonzo to pair him with Holiday, which makes some sense, but drafting a PG with their new pick doesn't make sense. I could see them holding onto it on the off chance that Barrett slips, which could happen, but they could also work a trade with someone contingent on Barrett being off the board as well. I don't know why they pushed for the #4 pick to draft White, who has been projected between 6-10 on almost all mocks. I wouldn't put much weight in Gambo's comments right now.

11. Folster

He's friends with Griffin and he was his source for the Kyrie to Phoenix rumors before Griffin got axed. Gambo was adamant that the Cavs wanted Bledsoe, the #4, and another pick and would reference talking to Cleveland.

Also, it's not too hard to imagine the Suns being one of the teams that is reportedly interested in swapping picks with NOLA. If Griffin knows we want White, then leaking they would take him at #4 or trade the pick to a team with unknown intentions may get Phoenix to pay up.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  12. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

It’s a chance for the staff to meet and get to know the player. Which I think is useful to the team.

How a guy “looks” in workouts however, it’s garbage. Workouts are not basketball.

13. offset

offset i have a special purpose

Gambo’s two biggest sources are probably New Orleans and Boston. He has a pretty solid track record with news about both of those teams. Assuming that the Pelicans still plan for on working out some players before the draft though it could easily change between now and then.

14. Folster

I think he knows some Knicks guys as well.

offset likes this.
  15. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Again, why bother? If you spend 2 hours on a workout and another 30 minutes to get to know the player, why waste the time in the 2-hour workout?