Suns @ Grizzlies Friday game thread 4-1-2022

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes. Not worried. I expected this. This Memphis team plays d and the Suns were due. It's kinda hard to keep up focus when there is not real motivation. The franchise record is piddly compared to being healthy and rested for the playoffs.

The only real problem with this loss will be listening to Kendrick Perkins moan on.
Yup. I'm avoiding ESPN until the playoffs start.lol

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh I think it’s more that we are reintegrating Paul and everyone else. Yes, the offense is slower with Paul than otherwise, but we were one of the top offenses in the league prior to his injury. I think the first two games of Paul’s return have a false sense that everything would just automatically return to normal. May take some work to fully get timing back.
Yeah I wasn't really talking about last night where we had an understandably still rusty Paul plus the return of CamJ and Javale to deal with. I've thought that since he's been here. And I'm not saying he's horrible or anything close to that, just that the offense frequently looks better with him on the bench until the 4th quarter (even more so now with Ayton having expanded his game so much).

We run a better half court offense when he's in the game but we miss so many early clock opportunities because he's out there.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really pathetic display. If the starters are going out that effort just sit them.

Our four forwards collected 5 TOTAL rebounds. Cmon. That’s putrid.

Ayton was soft, lazy, and should be embarrassed.

Paul looked disengaged.

That’s two bad games in a row.

Fechhh
I honestly get the feeling the team is coasting. They have everything wrapped up but the franchise record. The season is a long grind but I am concerned with the 34 turnovers the last two games and second chance points. It’s been really bad for this team.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the first couple of games Paul was out there was a steep drop-off from what we were getting out of our center position. the team adjusted. The slower and measured offense is exactly why we've had 2 amazing seasons (indeed, we were running better all those years we were fighting for lottery picks).

IQ-ball, is why Paul is the #1 clutch player in the league and it's not just at the end of games. at the point, he's always fishing for high percentage shots. sure, a good breakaway turns into a high percentage shot, but trying to get those opportunities also leads to more turnovers

the Suns haven't looked good the past 2 games because, psychologically, the season has been over for us for 2 games. this is exhibition. they're entitled to lighten up on their intensity and it's best they do so no one gets hurt. Booker, in particular, with his recurring hamstring issues, shouldn't have been trying so hard until the last seconds of that "exhibition" -- which turned out perfect, btw -- extra motivation for when it may really count next month.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Memphis is going to be a problem for a long time however they’re still a year away from beating us in a series. I feel like the Grizzlies and Clippers are our biggest threats in the west beyond this season.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
iow, iq-ball is the horse we rode in on and it's the one that will get us across the finish line. every team has a stable of young bucking broncos who want to get out and run, and though it's exciting for moments, the league has plenty of those teams every season.

we are experiencing a once-in-a-lifetime team/season. enjoy the ride

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whatever are we gonna do now that we've been EXPOSED for the frauds we are. :p
Nothing like a loss to keep you hungry.
Monte will fix them before the playoffs.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
a shooting percentage of 55% indicates there was nothing wrong with our offense yesterday.
2 offensive rebounds is evidence of lack of motivation