Suns @ Grizzlies Friday game thread 4-1-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Friday the Suns play the second game of their three game road trip at the Grizzlies. It's been a brutal end of season schedule for Phoenix.

Grizzlies are 54-23 and have won their last six games. They are 9-1 in their last ten. Memphis is in 2nd place in the West, six games ahead of the Mavericks.

Suns are 62-14 and are on a nine game winning streak.

The game will be televised by Bally Sports Arizona and NBA TV.

Start time is scheduled for 5 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only six regular season games left for Phoenix:

Fri, Apr 1 @ Memphis Grizzlies 5:00 PM; TV: Bally Sports Arizona, NBA TV

Sun, Apr 3 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 4:00 PM; TV: Bally Sports Arizona

Tue, Apr 5 vs Los Angeles Lakers 7:30 PM; TV: Bally Sports Arizona, NBA TV

Wed, Apr 6 @ LA Clippers 7:00 PM; TV: Bally Sports Arizona, ESPN

Fri, Apr 8 @ Utah Jazz 6:30 PM; TV: Bally Sports Arizona, NBA TV

Sun, Apr 10 vs Sacramento Kings TBD; TV: Bally Sports Arizona

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Feelin awesom after warriors win!!

Always good to see book beat ja hope happens this gm

Woot poffs nearly here :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott Foster working this game?

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Feelin awesom after warriors win!!

Always good to see book beat ja hope happens this gm

Woot poffs nearly here :)
Ja’s still out with tendinitis in his knee. The kid is so doggone explosive I hope he stays healthy. Still Brooks and Bane are solid and JJJ is a deterrent down low. Excited for this matchup and expecting a bounce back from Book.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have played a ridiculously hard schedule to close the season beginning at the Timberwolves on March 23rd.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. I was wrong about the Warriors game. I expected a blowout, not a close win.

As far as this one, the Suns are sorta due for a loss and the Griz play good D. I am thinking a loss here.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now just add Memphis.

And these teams are saying that the Suns should be scared because some of the games were close.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need this win more than most. The Media will crucify us if we lose. Not that I really give a damn what the Media thinks.
We should approach this ONE game as a playoff game. Just come out and mug those wannabe Suns.
Then drop the starters mins down to 20-25ish from here out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We need this win more than most. The Media will crucify us if we lose. Not that I really give a damn what the Media thinks.
We should approach this ONE game as a playoff game. Just come out and mug those wannabe Suns.
Then drop the starters mins down to 20-25ish from here out.
Eh we have been winning with nothing to play for against teams fighting for playoff seeding. If they crucify us that’s stupid. And frankly fine as this suns team invites the chip on their shoulder.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Grizzlies are thinking about resting some players looking at their injury report.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is encouraging news about Cam Johnson and JaVale McGee but I'm beginning to think Frank Kaminsky won't be back for the playoffs.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is encouraging news about Cam Johnson and JaVale McGee but nothing but I'm beginning to think Frank Kaminsky won't be back for the playoffs.
Monty didn't seem to trust Frank until the end of last year's playoffs either. I think there is a solid chance we don't see him again this year. Biyombo is getting all those minutes now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty didn't seem to trust Frank until the end of last year's playoffs either. I think there is a solid chance we don't see him again this year. Biyombo is getting all those minutes now.

It's more I want backups for my backups. Never know what can happen. I want emergency rations.

Besides I think Monty mentioned he should have given Frank more minutes against the Bucks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wainright or Lundberg end up on the playoff roster. Of course a player would have to be waived to do it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here's a question re: Frank that I was thinking about the last few days. He's on a one-year deal that expires this summer. He hasn't played all year, and you all are speculating that he won't play in the playoffs either.

Then why the hell is he still on the team? It would be just as easy to cut him and free up a roster spot than keep him on the team. Right now, he represents a roster spot and that's it. He'll get paid regardless -- the only advantage for anyone is Frank gets to rehab using the Suns facilities and gets a front row seat on the bench. I get he's good for the culture, but that roster spot is pretty valuable, especially with Ish and Iffe on 2-ways right now.

Don't get me wrong, I want him to play and be on the team, but right now he's nothing but a placeholder and I can't figure out a good reason why he's still on the team if he isn't going to play at all in the next couple months.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here's a question re: Frank that I was thinking about the last few days. He's on a one-year deal that expires this summer. He hasn't played all year, and you all are speculating that he won't play in the playoffs either.

Then why the hell is he still on the team? It would be just as easy to cut him and free up a roster spot than keep him on the team. Right now, he represents a roster spot and that's it. He'll get paid regardless -- the only advantage for anyone is Frank gets to rehab using the Suns facilities and gets a front row seat on the bench. I get he's good for the culture, but that roster spot is pretty valuable, especially with Ish and Iffe on 2-ways right now.

Don't get me wrong, I want him to play and be on the team, but right now he's nothing but a placeholder and I can't figure out a good reason why he's still on the team if he isn't going to play at all in the next couple months.
I think virtually every team has a guy that far down the depth chart that he’s on t he team for differing reasons for different teams. Like Giannis’ brother on the bucks last year. Useless roster spot but makes Giannis happy. Like jack Haley on the spurs as Rodman’s best friend. So frank holds a useless spot but the team loves him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think virtually every team has a guy that far down the depth chart that he’s on t he team for differing reasons for different teams. Like Giannis’ brother on the bucks last year. Useless roster spot but makes Giannis happy. Like jack Haley on the spurs as Rodman’s best friend. So frank holds a useless spot but the team loves him.

If the Suns waive a player I think it could be Elfrid Payton especially if Gabriel Lundberg shows anything.

The thing we don't know, if Kaminsky has a chance of coming back for the playoffs.

I do think if the Suns make a deep playoff run, there is a chance Dario Saric returns.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Insurance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose