xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker talks about getting beat and former Suns assistant Darko Rajakovic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns were flat tonight. I'd add Bridges and McGee as players that put in the effort.

Payne and Shamet didn't play bad either while they were in the game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really pathetic display. If the starters are going out that effort just sit them.

Our four forwards collected 5 TOTAL rebounds. Cmon. That’s putrid.

Ayton was soft, lazy, and should be embarrassed.

Paul looked disengaged.

That’s two bad games in a row.

Fechhh

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To some degree you have to expect a little let up since they already clinched number 1. Add to that they Missing multiple starters so I think they just didn’t show up all out. I mean Crowder, Paul, Ayton none of them even score 10 points and CJ with 1 point lol they just played poorly only Book, McGee, Bridges seem to show up with some solid effort IMO.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really pathetic display. If the starters are going out that effort just sit them.

Our four forwards collected 5 TOTAL rebounds. Cmon. That’s putrid.

Ayton was soft, lazy, and should be embarrassed.

Paul looked disengaged.

That’s two bad games in a row.

Fechhh

It was a terrible game, but I think the belly aching over the Golden State game is overblown. That is a really tough place to win, the Warriors, even without Curry, gave it their all and we beat them, on the road, despite shooting like ****. The effort was not lacking against the Warriors, we forced a ton of turnovers and beat them on the offensive glass.

Tonight... that was a different story, but I am not concerned, we did suck though. It was a game with nothing on the line against a lineup that I have little doubt we took for granted and one that was desperate to prove themselves.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It was a terrible game, but I think the belly aching over the Golden State game is overblown. That is a really tough place to win, the Warriors, even without Curry, gave it their all and we beat them, on the road, despite shooting like ****. The effort was not lacking against the Warriors, we forced a ton of turnovers and beat them on the offensive glass.

Tonight... that was a different story, but I am not concerned, we did suck though. It was a game with nothing on the line against a lineup that I have little doubt we took for granted and one that was desperate to prove themselves.
I think Ayton’s offense in both games is concerning.

That said, I believe Finito said it, the offense is much different with Paul back. They aren’t looking to get Ayton the ball inside. Now Ayton looked tentative on everything the last two games. Totally soft. But with what he was doing with Paul out I’d think they should get him going early so he’s engaged and in games like the last two, ride him. Neither the warriors nor the griz missing Adams and jjj should be able to stop him. Last night he wasn’t fighting for position much either.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Ayton’s offense in both games is concerning.

That said, I believe Finito said it, the offense is much different with Paul back. They aren’t looking to get Ayton the ball inside. Now Ayton looked tentative on everything the last two games. Totally soft. But with what he was doing with Paul out I’d think they should get him going early so he’s engaged and in games like the last two, ride him. Neither the warriors nor the griz missing Adams and jjj should be able to stop him. Last night he wasn’t fighting for position much either.

Go look at the Bucks game Ayton sprints down the floor establishes position down low and they get him the ball for easy baskets

I thought Ayton would really struggle without Paul instead he played the best offense of his career. With Paul we don’t run. He pretty much calls Ayton/whoever our center is out to the perimeter and pretty much uses them to set a 1000 screens.

But it’s not just Ayton remember how well Bizmack was playing and McGee has also fallen off.

It’s how Paul uses the center.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go look at the Bucks game Ayton sprints down the floor establishes position down low and they get him the ball for easy baskets

I thought Ayton would really struggle without Paul instead he played the best offense of his career. With Paul we don’t run. He pretty much calls Ayton/whoever our center is out to the perimeter and pretty much uses them to set a 1000 screens.

But it’s not just Ayton remember how well Bizmack was playing and McGee has also fallen off.

It’s how Paul uses the center.
I've thought all along that Paul often hurts us a little more than he helps us with some significant exceptions. His leadership, work ethic, late game play and the fact that his style is even more effective in the playoffs makes him arguably our most important player but our everyday offense often runs better without him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've thought all along that Paul often hurts us a little more than he helps us with some significant exceptions. His leadership, work ethic, late game play and the fact that his style is even more effective in the playoffs makes him arguably our most important player but our everyday offense often runs better without him.
Eh I think it’s more that we are reintegrating Paul and everyone else. Yes, the offense is slower with Paul than otherwise, but we were one of the top offenses in the league prior to his injury. I think the first two games of Paul’s return have a false sense that everything would just automatically return to normal. May take some work to fully get timing back.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Due for a loss. Not worried in the slightest.
Yes. Not worried. I expected this. This Memphis team plays d and the Suns were due. It's kinda hard to keep up focus when there is not real motivation. The franchise record is piddly compared to being healthy and rested for the playoffs.

The only real problem with this loss will be listening to Kendrick Perkins moan on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose