Suns @ Grizzlies Friday game thread 11-12-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty liked the Suns defensive intensity as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amazin win by suns stupid work....

Great to see lot of players in double digits and on road to nice

How did ayton do

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns play by committee.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't know what the Suns would do with all those players anyway. It would probably have to be a multi-team trade. The plum would have to be Toppin depending upon how the Suns feel about him. There are probably better ideas out there.
Looking at his numbers he’s not really been very impressive. And those firsts are going to be later picks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Haven’t played any of top teams other than lakers and hawks who are both scratching along. Great to win games they should be winning. Even if ugly before tonight.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
With the Grizz’ size I marked this down as a loss. We’re rolling right now

I looks up winning streaks the Suns have had in the past. The 07’ team had separate winning streaks of 15 and 17 man.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns with 7 wins in row to push their record to 8-3. They remain 2nd in the West.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Haven’t played any of top teams other than lakers and hawks who are both scratching along. Great to win games they should be winning. Even if ugly before tonight.
We need to destroy any western conf teams we play. This is going to be a much tighter grouping this year. There are 6 maybe 7 teams in the west that could win out with some luck and a good streak. Tonight was a good well rounded win. Id like to see more of that. I'm worried DA is sitting so much with a non injury.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns are making Ayton look a little superfluous.

If the Wolves keep stinking and KAT starts making rumblings, I make an Ayton/Saric/picks for him and watch us become an offensive juggernaut that can’t be stopped with good size backing KAT up.
Who knows maybe KAT can even play D if he doesn't have to do everything else.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet the Hawks never want to see a Western Conference team again.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
@cheesebeef

The trade idea involved Deandre Ayton for Obi Toppin, Mitchell Robinson, Alec Burks and two first round picks.

How would anyone feel about something like Robinson + Randle for Ayton with extra pieces from both sides to make the numbers line up?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How would anyone feel about something like Robinson + Randle for Ayton with extra pieces from both sides to make the numbers line up?

Not crazy about it. I don’t think Randle is a prime time playoff performer. I think it’s KAT or another BIG big man.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's better. At least it fills the Suns need at power forward.

I think in any trade the Suns need a star caliber talent in return.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This whole we don’t need Ayton anymore thing is getting to be a little much. Yes we looked good tonight and even though we have won 7 in a row we have looked god awful doing it with legit WTF moments in all those games. This is probably only the second game all year where we played a legit complete game from start to finish with the Lakers being the other.

By the way
Kings
Cavs
Pelicans
Rockets
Hawks
Kings
Blazers
Grizz

Not exactly a murders row. This is the softest part of our schedule until late November

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That’s a god awful trade. You don’t trade Ayton just to trade him

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are making Ayton look a little superfluous.

If the Wolves keep stinking and KAT starts making rumblings, I make an Ayton/Saric/picks for him and watch us become an offensive juggernaut that can’t be stopped with good size backing KAT up.

I disagree about Ayton but if you can get KAT you do it every damn day of the week.

Your talking about KAT being your 3rd star and that’s insane

Raindog

Reaction score
Not crazy about it. I don’t think Randle is a prime time playoff performer. I think it’s KAT or another BIG big man.

I agree that KAT is the better option... if he can be pried loose from Minnesota. I am trying to think of other options if it is inevitable that the Suns and Ayton must part ways.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that KAT is the better option... if he can be pried loose from Minnesota. I am trying to think of other options if it is inevitable that the Suns and Ayton must part ways.

I feel ya. I feel like a Randle move might mix up the chemistry and starting lineup too much. That would put Crowder on the bench and still rely heavily on McGee and Tank getting heavy minutes. I think they’re good enough... for now, but long term, I worry about McGee’s durability and Tank just being, well Frank a little more than the team could handle, especially in the playoffs.

Or maybe it could really help and balance out the team giving it size and another playmaker in the starting lineup.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I would do Sabonis.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome sight with Cam Payne giving his jersey to a family member. I think it's his grandfather.

Raindog

Reaction score
I feel ya. I feel like a Randle move might mix up the chemistry and starting lineup too much. That would put Crowder on the bench and still rely heavily on McGee and Tank getting heavy minutes. I think they’re good enough... for now, but long term, I worry about McGee’s durability and Tank just being, well Frank a little more than the team could handle, especially in the playoffs.

Or maybe it could really help and balance out the team giving it size and another playmaker in the starting lineup.

Maybe, thinking a bit more outside the box, some package for JJJ and Clarke with extra pieces?