Suns Get The 6th Pick

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Tacko Fall will be a gimmick type player who will have a place in this league as a special situation guy. He will probably be in the league for a long time. It will be interesting to see how he fares. He is kinda like drafting a rugby kicker into the NFL?

He can dunk and block some shots.
What about the rest of playing defense. Against Power Forward or Centers.

What is his history on that?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tacko is a physical barrier for sure. He will alter shots by his sheer size.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe this year’s Rudy Gobert. Big, undeveloped.

Tacko Fall is 23, he played 4 years in college. In those 4 years, against really weak competition, he put up pretty lousy stats and showed virtually no growth in his game.

He's developed, he's just not good.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tacko Fall is 23, he played 4 years in college. In those 4 years, against really weak competition, he put up pretty lousy stats and showed virtually no growth in his game.

He's developed, he's just not good.
I am sorry. He was an NCAA presence this year. UCF had no business being in the game against Duke except for Tacko Fall. The kid has added nearly 80 pounds and 6 inches to his standing reach. He is undeveloped because his body has been growing like an adolescent kid while he has been in college. He will be around the NBA for a long time.

He is not a starter but he will be a presence.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tacko Fall is the type player a team takes with a later second round pick. It will be interesting if he goes earlier.

I agree with JC that he had a significant impact in the NCAA Tournament. He alters shots by his mere presence.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am sorry. He was an NCAA presence this year. UCF had no business being in the game against Duke except for Tacko Fall. The kid has added nearly 80 pounds and 6 inches to his standing reach. He is undeveloped because his body has been growing like an adolescent kid while he has been in college. He will be around the NBA for a long time.

He is not a starter but he will be a presence.

Dawkins was the hero for UCF against Duke, not Tacko Fall.

He's 23, his game didn't evolve hardly at all over 4 years. He doesn't really have any NBA level skills, he was mediocre in college as a senior, he shot 36% from the line.

I would not be surprised if he lingers around the league for a few years, there are always teams who put way too much value in measurables and ignore skill, but Tacko is seriously unskilled. He won't be an impact player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor free throw shooting will limit Tacko's chances of playing the NBA but he does have some defensive and offensive skills around the basket.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Coby White

He can shoot the lights out and is very aggressive

A player that can toss the ball into the peach basket. That’s a novel idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk