Suns free agency recap and going forward

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

As I said yesterday, nothing left in the tank, but still better than nothing, and also better than playing Stix or a shooting guard at power forward.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish the Suns could have done this. It is almost like giving Eric Paschall away.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Paul Millsap, as a filler for like 10 minutes a night, is perfectly fine. He played 20 a game last year for a 3rd seeded team.

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score
Whoops sorry guys. Random people keep showing up on my Twitter feed. It is sometimes complicated to sort who is legit and who is not:)

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if the Suns decide to choose between Frank Kaminsky and Aron Baynes, I'd probably go with Frank.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns sign Millsap I hope it is only for the veteran minimum and keep the remaining MLE and BAE for future options.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the Suns sign Millsap I hope it is only for the veteran minimum and keep the remaining MLE and BAE for future options.

It would only be a 1 year deal, and they aren't really looking at anyone other than fillers. Does it really matter? I'd rather overpay Millsap than bring back Kaminsky.

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So if the Suns decide to choose between Frank Kaminsky and Aron Baynes, I'd probably go with Frank.
Agreed. People seem to think he was really good for us, but by in large, we played better without him.

Playing him and Ayton together was a disaster so he wouldn't really work at the 4.

Really, if he isn't hot from 3, he was pretty useless.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. People seem to think he was really good for us, but by in large, we played better without him.

Playing him and Ayton together was a disaster so he wouldn't really work at the 4.

Really, if he isn't hot from 3, he was pretty useless.

Overall the stats favor Kaminsky and he is 27 and Baynes is 34. Besides I think Frank is a great locker room guy.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we didn't sign McGee then I'd prefer Baynes over Frank but since we did we're looking at 3rd string and I'd prefer Frank because he can play alongside Ayton and Baynes can't. I'd prefer our 3rd string players be able to play more than one position.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Millsap is fine in a limited role as a pick and pop guy and can still give you some buckets on the post. He won’t be great defensively but that won’t be the ask of him.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Millsap is fine in a limited role as a pick and pop guy and can still give you some buckets on the post. He won’t be great defensively but that won’t be the ask of him.

He at least would provide resistance and be able muscle up and bang with an opponent rather than letting him just back up right to the hop or bump him out of the way for a rebound. Outside of Crowder, we are really missing that element.