Suns extend Landry Shamet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landry Shamet agrees to a 4 year/ $43 million contract with Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great. We’ve already got the Josh Childress part of the pupu platter were eventually going to try and sell when we lose Ayton.

I don’t get this at all. That’s a gross overpay.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad the Suns got the deals done with Bridges and Shamet. It takes some of sting out of not extending Ayton.

The Suns also signed Chris Paul and Cam Payne this off season plus McGee.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad the Suns got the deals done with Bridges and Shamet. It takes some of sting out of not extending Ayton.

The Suns also signed Chris Paul and Cam Payne this off season plus McGee.
It take zero sting out of it if this leads to the eventual dismantle of the core. Paul has maybe 2 good years left. If Paul is done in two and Ayton is eventually on the way out? Expect a trade request from Booker. But hey...we will have Bridges, Shamet and McGee.

The only way to take the out is when an extension gets done or these signing won't mean much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty was a supporter of the trade for Landry Shamet and plans a significant role for him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It take zero sting out of it if this leads to the eventual dismantle of the core. Paul has maybe 2 good years left. If Paul is done in two and Ayton is eventually on the way out? Expect a trade request from Booker. But hey...we will have Bridges, Shamet and McGee.

The only way this takes the sting out is if get the Ayton deal done this season.
I thought it can’t get done this season after today’s deadline?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the case? I thought they could still get it done during. If that is the case? This might be really really bad. Ayton can fester on this all season long.

I think you can’t do it during the season. Today’s deadline is the reason why there’s so much reporting on it and deals signed today and yesterday... I think.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN has the story up on the extension of Landry Shamet.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you can’t do it during the season. Today’s deadline is the reason why there’s so much reporting on it and deals signed today and yesterday... I think.
I updated my post. You are right. I missed that part about the deadline. Oh man. I am doubling down how bad this could end up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The only way to take the out is when an extension gets done or these signing won't mean much.

This deadline passes at 3 p.m. today Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to post the photo Adrian Wojnarowski put up.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great. We’ve already got the Josh Childress part of the pupu platter were eventually going to try and sell when we lose Ayton.

It does seem like a bit of an overpay. But then again next years free agent class is so weak, he might very well have gotten more. If you doubt that look at what TJ Mconnell and Alex Caruso got.

It is a tradeable contract, and you don't really want to lose him for nothing.

But I think the real reason they resigned him is Monty wanted him as a player on his team so badly. Apparently Suns have wanted him ever since Monty took over, and I don't think he wanted him to be one and done now that they got him.

The way I look at this is I am ok with this deal because the Suns got a good deal on the Bridges extension and they raped Cam Payne, so a bit of an overpay here is ok to keep control of the asset. And remember I am James Jones biggest critic on this board.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Shamet is the Suns 8-9th man right now I would’ve saved that cash for Cam J who has far more potential. Maybe there’s a trade coming idk.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Heh! I was just thinking the same thing- this stinks of the Hedo, Warrick, and Childress to replace Amare scenario many years ago.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shamet is the Suns 8-9th man right now I would’ve saved that cash for Cam J who has far more potential. Maybe there’s a trade coming idk.

It does feel like the Suns are playing a short game and a long game at the same time.

They are setting themselves up for future trades if they want to go that way.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It does feel like the Suns are playing a short game and a long game at the same time.

Not like we have stock pilled draft picks, we have to have assets to make moves.... ;)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not like we have stock pilled draft picks, we have to have assets to make moves.... ;)

Ayton is an asset if the Suns decide to trade him.

JMHO, it was less about money and more about the Suns not believing Ayton was a max player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

how about they set themselves up for DAMN CHAMPIONSHIP? Man, this sucks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how about they set themselves up for DAMN CHAMPIONSHIP? Man, this sucks.

Yeah, it appears the Suns were not a believer at this point in time. As you know I wanted both Ayton and Bridges extended. Perhaps the Suns feel a lesser paid center could do the same job.

I have to believe this was a decision made by the entire Suns organization including Monty Williams and James Jones. They deal with Ayton on a continual basis.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bucks sign G Grayson Allen for 2 years 20.1 million dollars. Sounds similar to Shammet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave