Suns extend Landry Shamet

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Jalen Smith can turn into a solid rotation player this year I'll be ecstatic. It'll be like watching Nash win MVP or Amare winning Rookie of the Year all over again

I'm genuinely invested in his development thanks to the resident naysayer. Its a win win because if he doesn't develop, it really won't bother me even close to seeing Bender, Chriss or Jackson bust. It's like Earl Clark 2.0 where we have a solid team around him and while he'd help, we don't need him to in order to reach our peak.
I have serious doubts. We will know soon. If he doesn't get off the bench (not talking about garbage time) through the first month you can bank on him sitting for most of the season again. It would be awesome if he just surprises everyone.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Solid offensive game by Shamet

He can get up a shot quick. I’m not sure if it was me but it looked like they attacked him aggressively while he was in. Or was it just the communication and learning schemes issue?

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He can get up a shot quick. I’m not sure if it was me but it looked like they attacked him aggressively while he was in. Or was it just the communication and learning schemes issue?

I only saw the highlights, so not sure how he did defensively. I was guessing that maybe his rotations on D weren't the best though from all the comments here.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I only saw the highlights, so not sure how he did defensively. I was guessing that maybe his rotations on D weren't the best though from all the comments here.

He looked fine on both ends. He's better than Booker as a defender, who has improved a lot. Landry seemed to take a few gambles, which don't always work out. I don't see his D being an issue. The more familiar his teammates get.with him and the gambles he takes the more they can compensate. He's not like Oubre where he's almost all big gambles on that end.

I liked what I saw. He's really active on both ends.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looked fine on both ends. He's better than Booker as a defender, who has improved a lot. Landry seemed to take a few gambles, which don't always work out. I don't see his D being an issue. The more familiar his teammates get.with him and the gambles he takes the more they can compensate. He's not like Oubre where he's almost all big gambles on that end.

I liked what I saw. He's really active on both ends.
There was a couple sequences where I almost though he was moving TOO FAST. He was a little out of control but I really really like this signing so far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave