Suns @ Clippers Wednesday WCF game thread 6-30-2021 - Game 6

pokerface

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Some of your comments were not about during the game......

"He doesn't have some green light from there."
"He can work his way out of his slump in the off-season."
"Crowder needs to stop shooting threes." with "He's only had one game shooting a good percentage from the the arc"

Suggesting during a game is a different beast for sure. Suggesting you don't take them is something entirely different. The Suns knew Crowder was streaky when they signed him to be the starting PF. Crowder sometimes does take stupid 3's. We can both agree on that. Heck the entire team including Booker does. It drives me nuts when they could work for a good shot.
Just seems to me it's silly when you have a team full of shooters and Crowder is having a cold night that the ball is ending up in his hands so often in last second situations. Like if he's cold dont why it's not in Booker's, Paul's, Bridges control more. Maybe it was just seeming that way.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just seems to me it's silly when you have a team full of shooters and Crowder is having a cold night that the ball is ending up in his hands so often in last second situations. Like if he's cold dont why it's not in Booker's, Paul's, Bridges control more. Maybe it was just seeming that way.
I think Monty honestly tried and to some extent Johnson tried to fill that roll but he is liability in other ways on the floor. You need Crowder's size and toughness against the Clippers. Dario for the most part was a liability in this series. Bridges? I have no clue why until last night he seemingly forgot to cut to the basket.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think that was by design it just happened. And you can’t blame crowder from shooting in those situations, he has to.

pokerface

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Monty honestly tried and to some extent Johnson tried to fill that roll but he is liability in other ways on the floor. You need Crowder's size and toughness against the Clippers. Dario for the most part was a liability in this series. Bridges? I have no clue why until last night he seemingly forgot to cut to the basket.
Crowder does fill the toughness role and that was so needed against the Clippers. Plus he did shoot lights out so I guess Crowder stays on the floor...lol.

Yeah Dario....pfft.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone still recovering from Game 6?

I didn't sleep much Wednesday night after the Game 6 win over the Clippers. Finally got some extra sleep last night but still feel a bit tired. I didn't realize how much energy I expended during the game and post game celebration.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I didn't sleep much Wednesday night after the Game 6 win over the Clippers. Finally got some extra sleep last night but still feel a bit tired. I didn't realize how much energy I expended during the game and post game celebration.
For me it was just a huge relief. I was noticeably nervous pretty much all day Wednesday and even more so during the game.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was such a huge relief for me getting this Clipper series closed that I slept like a baby. The prior night? Slept maybe 4 hours.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was such a huge relief for me getting this Clipper series closed that I slept like a baby. The prior night? Slept maybe 4 hours.

same. Yesterday, I did zero writing and just basked in the afterglow, reading every article I could and even drove around probably for a solid two hours just listening to sports radio here in Phoenix.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
same. Yesterday, I did zero writing and just basked in the afterglow, reading every article I could and even drove around probably for a solid two hours just listening to sports radio here in Phoenix.
Same. You and I have been fans long enough to know nothing is guaranteed. Not even getting this far. I soaked up every article, watched a ton of videos and just listened while "working". I spent the last day and half catching up on project reviews, tech audits and catching up on work email. Much easier to focus now we are moving on.

Reflecting....I was a few years removed from High School last time the Suns were here. A dumb kid not sure what to do with my life. Now I am an executive at a Fortune 40 company. It's felt like a lifetime since the last. I surely hope it's not another 30 and I am close to pushing daisies by the time we return. I am going to enjoy this moment and this run for every minute it lasts because who knows.

Need to appreciate this. This is our year!

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score

I recommend re-watching the game already knowing the result. It has helped calm my frayed nerves.

I am debating whether I want Bucks-Hawks to go to 7. Pros to Bucks wrapping it up tomorrow: we are more likely to face Bucks without Giannis; we get "enough" rest without too much; and I selfishly want to watch a game sooner. Cons: the longer the series goes the more miles on both teams' legs; Atlanta is probably worse and the series going 7 is the only way we face them.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recommend re-watching the game already knowing the result. It has helped calm my frayed nerves.

I am debating whether I want Bucks-Hawks to go to 7. Pros to Bucks wrapping it up tomorrow: we are more likely to face Bucks without Giannis; we get "enough" rest without too much; and I selfishly want to watch a game sooner. Cons: the longer the series goes the more miles on both teams' legs; Atlanta is probably worse and the series going 7 is the only way we face them.

It's like I don't want to touch anything the way this season has gone. Next team up.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wednesday night my sleep was shallow.

It was like like I was having an adrenaline rush all night but I didn't want to stop it.... not after waiting 28 years.

Latest posts

Staff online

• jf-08
    Administrator; Rules Creator

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal