Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do they really have to keep showing the Clippers owner? Kept see it in all their series.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So Payne only played 4 minutes last night. Sorry but Monty should have put him in when it was obvious Paul and Booker were shooting themselves out of the game.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So Payne only played 4 minutes last night. Sorry but Monty should have put him in when it was obvious Paul and Booker were shooting themselves out of the game.

Sounds like you're one of the lucky few that didn't watch the game.

Payne turned his ankle in the first half and sat the rest of the game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread so this may be here but one interesting development from last night. Suns with Saric on the court +11 in 12 minutes. Suns with Ayton on the court, -25 in 36 minutes. Watching the game there were points where Ayton appeared to be the suns best player, and I more than once said get Ayton back in they need his athleticism. but he had by far the worst plus minus on the team, and his man, Zubac, was +28 for the Clips.

One game but interesting.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread so this may be here but one interesting development from last night. Suns with Saric on the court +11 in 12 minutes. Suns with Ayton on the court, -25 in 36 minutes. Watching the game there were points where Ayton appeared to be the suns best player, and I more than once said get Ayton back in they need his athleticism. but he had by far the worst plus minus on the team, and his man, Zubac, was +28 for the Clips.

One game but interesting.
Not interesting at all. He shared the floor with a backcourt that went 10-40 from the field. That +/- had little to do with him.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
only a trolling PoopHead would pretend he doesn't know that Kawhi gets and does what he wants with the Clips. if he wanted to be near his teammates to encourage and communicate with them, that's where he'd be.

and if he does eventually play, i suspect it would be a game or 2 after someone else would come back from the same injury

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not interesting at all. He shared the floor with a backcourt that went 10-40 from the field. That +/- had little to do with him.

Booker and Paul were both only -15 and both played more minutes than Ayton did. The whole starting 5 was at least -14 but Ayton had by far the worst plus minus in that game for some reason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Booker and Paul were both only -15 and both played more minutes than Ayton did. The whole starting 5 was at least -14 but Ayton had by far the worst plus minus in that game for some reason.
Yup. He played okay but was outplayed by zubac who killed him on the boards.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If there’s one expendable stat in the NBA, it’s +/-. Your explanation and the Clippers hitting everything from outside have little to do with Ayton.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
If there’s one expendable stat in the NBA, it’s +/-. Your explanation and the Clippers hitting everything from outside have little to do with Ayton.
Agreed. Ayton was a team worse -25 while having the highest shooting percentage, most points and most rebounds.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Reggie Jackson scored 10 points in the 1 minute that Ayton was guarding him.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Espn praising Beverley. Sick.
He played a great, tough game. Kudos to ESPN. I know we haven't had a hard nosed nuisance of a player since PJ Tucker, but we'd be happy with a Beverley type player. No doubt.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played a great, tough game. Kudos to ESPN. I know we haven't had a hard nosed nuisance of a player since PJ Tucker, but we'd be happy with a Beverley type player. No doubt.

Plenty of doubt. We'd love to have Beverley minus the dirty plays but no way would I want that BS on our team. Borderline dirty is one thing, he's not borderline. The good news is that if Grayson Allen ever gets in a full season, Patrick might finally have to share the annual Dirtiest Player Award.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plenty of doubt. We'd love to have Beverley minus the dirty plays but no way would I want that BS on our team. Borderline dirty is one thing, he's not borderline. The good news is that if Grayson Allen ever gets in a full season, Patrick might finally have to share the annual Dirtiest Player Award.

Allen wasn’t under any scrutiny this year iirc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose