Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Again Beverly is a good defender . My issue is when we change the rules from game to game , that is a big issue with the overall product .

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, I'm not saying Beverley can't play defense but he helped himself a lot.

The head butt occurred in Game 2. IMO, you are giving Beverley too much credit when Booker is playing hurt.

Booker is good enough to adjust to any defense when healthy. He has all season.

The collision happened right before the 4th quarter. For 3 quarters he played great defense on Book. You are downplaying Bev way too much. Especially, seeing how that he played Book the exact same way this game. They are crowding the midrange.

This is where we find out if Monty can scheme to get him free.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL…unless you’re not watching the entire game, it would be hard to be serious with that take Mainstreet.
PatBev forced Book into another Tech tonight. He hounded Book everywhere he went. When Book didn’t have the ball, PatBev was all over him.
Yea… the broken nose doesn’t help. But Book is totally off his game and PatBev is the sole reason.

I've watched every game this season including tonight.

I've seen good defenders guard Booker. He eventually adjusts.

The broken nose and face mask had more to do with Booker's performance tonight than Beverley.

IMO, you give too much credit to a player that taunts and head butts. Anyone knows a hurt player doesn't play as well as a healthy one.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The broken nose and face mask had more to do with Booker's performance tonight than Beverley.

IMO, you give too much credit to a player that taunts and head butts. Anyone knows a hurt player doesn't play as well as a healthy one.

The point he’s making is Booker was playing like trash for 3 quarters before he got his nose broke. Listen I hate Beverley as much as the next man but he’s shutting Booker down hard

credit where credit is due

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nonsense. That collision was incidental IMO and didn’t happen until right before the 4th quarter which means Bev was shutting him down for most of the game before it happened.

Besides if you think that mask had more to do with it we are screwed since his nose is broken in three places. The mask isn’t coming off. You can hopefully scheme around Bev. I think Monty can. He is a smart guy.

The Suns can and need to adjust.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The collision happened right before the 4th quarter. For 3 quarters he played great defense on Book. You are downplaying Bev way too much. Especially, seeing how that he played Book the exact same way this game. They are crowding the midrange.

This is where we find out if Monty can scheme to get him free.

Booker had lots of good looks early before the whole team started pushing.

Let's not forget who broke Booker's nose.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker had lots of good looks early before the whole team started pushing.

Let's not forget who broke Booker's nose.
He also forced him into really tough shots and forced him to give up the ball on multiple occasions for 3 quarters.

It was a bad collision. Who is forgetting that?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The point he’s making is Booker was playing like trash for 3 quarters before he got his nose broke. Listen I hate Beverley as much as the next man but he’s shutting Booker down hard

credit where credit is due

When the game started tonight Booker was getting easy looks and missing. Only when he saw Chris Paul's shot was off and Cam Payne was out did he start pushing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also forced him into really tough shots and forced him to give up the ball on multiple occasions for 3 quarters.

It was a bad collision. Who is forgetting that?

Certainly it's not forgotten on me. I remember Robert Horry too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker can be psyched out, unfortunately, and taken out of his game by dirty opponents. That mental toughness is something he needs to work on.

It's not just mental. It's physical too.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Paul looked rusty, Booker was off but this game was lost in the 3rd qtr when the team started playing pure iso ball.

Defensively we played well enough (could be better but well enough). Offensively we were out of sorts

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't that good defense by Horry by your standards? That play helped get Amare and Diaw suspended.

What are you taking about? Which part of those plays were not remotely the same thing are you not getting?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now what are you taking about? Which part of those plays were not remotely the same thing are you not getting?

I'm saying a player that hurts another player and takes advantage of it should not be put on a pedestal as an example of good defense.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm saying a player that hurts another player and takes advantage of it should not be put on a pedestal as an example of good defense.
It was incidental with Booker. Horry’s was not. Again, not remotely the same thing. That still doesn’t explain the play of Bev before the collision.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was incidental with Booker. Horry’s was not. Again, not remotely the same thing. That still doesn’t explain the play of Bev before the collision.

You are assuming Beverley would have shut down Booker for the whole series. I don't think so.

Again, my point, hurting a player and getting desired results is not good defense whether it's Beverley or Horry (resultant suspension of Amare and Diaw).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are assuming Beverley would have shut down Booker for the whole series. I don't think so.

Again, my point, hurting a player and getting desired results is not good defense whether it's Beverley or Horry (resultant suspension of Amare and Diaw).
No I am watching with my own eyes how effective he has been against Booker since Lue mad the adjustments.

You skipped over the part where I said I think Monty can counter with his own adjustments to get Booker free:

Again he was getting desired results pre-injury. Book before the game said his shot was fine yet again terrible night.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave