Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two games in a row Booker struggles, roll players outside of Payne and Cam struggle. There is cause for concern.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the moral of the story is... dirty play pays off if the refs protect the team doing it. Booker hampered by Beverley's dirty play breaking his nose. Cam Payne might be out due to a questionable non-call. Suns have been killed both this game and the last by refs swallowing their whistles.

Don't tell me NBA refs aren't tilting the games.

NBA refs aren't tipping games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just hope it’s not a preview of what is to come.

this looks too much like the Utah series for my liking.
Definitely similarities. Two close wins for higher seeds. Clips blow out opponent in game 3. Best player on suns and jazz injured. Another crucial player out (Conley and Payne).

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
theyre at home and desperate. CP3 hasn’t played in almost two weeks.

guys, we aren’t the best team in the history of the NBA. We’ve won 9 in a row previous to tonight. We aren’t winning out for the playoffs. Games like this happen.
You’re right, however, this is a very, very alarming loss. I mean, the Clippers beat us to a pulp. Coaching and every phase of the game, they destroyed us! And, I might be alone but I’m deeply concerned. PatBev has now owned Book in back to back games. Book has a busted nose and needs to wear a mask.
CP3 looks like an old man. He actually stalled and stunted the offense tonight.
Crowder and Bridges have yet to play a role (other than Crowder’s pass on the Valley-oop of course).
Mann and Jackson are outplaying our role players and it’s really not even close.
So we have Ayton… and that’s really been it. Other than Book going off in game 1 and the Valley-pop, the Clippers have outplayed the Suns…
It’s very alarming…

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You counter that by putting in your muscle. Our coach doesn't do that. Frank the Tank and Carter and Moore should have been in the game,middle of 3rd period,and muscle back..

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I don’t get is Beverley is an overly aggressive player. You should be able to bait him into a bunch of stupid fouls if yikes make it a priority early. Make him back off by getting him in foul trouble. And sell the ish outta it.

you would think but he’s acting like he’s scared of Beverley instead of going right at him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You counter that by putting in your muscle. Our coach doesn't do that. Frank the Tank and Carter and Moore should have been in the game,middle of 3rd period,and muscle back..

Carter yes

Moore and Frank? Come on bruh

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a bunch of crap tonight by the officials.

I thought the other night was bad.

Morris his Cam in the face after a suns made shot.

Booker blows by Zubac and Morris hits books arm. No and one.

on and on with this crap.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few things to consider tonight:

Devin Booker came into the game with a nose broken in three places and wearing a face mask thanks to a headbutt.

Chris Paul has been off for health and safety protocols for 11 days.

Cam Payne only played 4 minutes after injuring his ankle.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What a bunch of crap tonight by the officials.

I thought the other night was bad.

Morris his Cam in the face after a suns made shot.

Booker blows by Zubac and Morris hits books arm. No and one.

on and on with this crap.
Yup on both those.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If not for PGs missed free throws and the Valley Oop we'd be down 1-2.

People here were thinking we were massive favorites and would blow the Clippers out of the water. I couldn't see that.

If Leonard wasn't hurt, the Clippers would clearly be the most talented team left. Because he is out, we have a decent shot to win the series.

It's going to be a dog fight.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
A few things to consider tonight:

Devin Booker came into the game with a nose broken in three places and wearing a face mask thanks to a headbutt.

Chris Paul has been off for health and safety protocols for 11 days.

Cam Payne only played 4 minutes after injuring his ankle.

As soon as I saw Booker adjusting the mask in the lane early in the game, I knew it was going to impact him. The “I just need to see the basket” talk is bravado. You can’t play at full speed after getting your nose broken in 3 places (Thanks to a cheap shot artist)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Valley Oop may very well end up to the Suns, what the Hail Murray was to the Cards.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose