Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guarantee it’s an issue if it’s broken. You just can’t have an uncomfortable sensation in the middle of your face and not have it be a distraction.

when I say its not issue I don’t mean he will just be normal. I just mean he won’t have a complete melt down and go 2 for 25.. of course a broken nose will affect your play but will it be an issue that will affect the team in a negative way? I highly doubt it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I’ve seen. Full disclosure that I’m working on that assumption based on how swollen it was post game. A cut usually doesn’t swell to that extent.

OK. The only thing that I read which was from Bleacher Report saying they didn't think he broke it. Who knows though the way the Suns comment on this stuff.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Book probably doesn't have a broken nose. It was looking swollen and crooked from the numbing injections they gave him for the stitches. The team looked at it in the locker room and determined it wasn't broken. Book probably wears a mask anyway to protect the wound. Suns in 4

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Soft tissue damage could be even worse. but there were still two stitches put in.

my daughter got her bridge broken. She opted to have it snapped back when the swelling went down a couple of days later. She played with a mask for a month but didn’t really bother her.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Soft tissue damage could be even worse. but there were still two stitches put in.

my daughter got her bridge broken. She opted to have it snapped back when the swelling went down a couple of days later. She played with a mask for a month but didn’t really bother her.
Same happened with my son's nose. The sound when the doc snapped that bone back into place was horrific.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yea. He comes out strong for a few quarters but fades in the 4th.

He literally scored 10 of his 26 points in the 4th...that's not fading in the 4th. He missed 3 critical free-throws in the 4th, but that has nothing to do with legs.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I guarantee it’s an issue if it’s broken. You just can’t have an uncomfortable sensation in the middle of your face and not have it be a distraction.
I agree. You have this strange feeling on your face and it can affect your vision, especially with movement. It is also likely swollen.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He literally scored 10 of his 26 points in the 4th...that's not fading in the 4th. He missed 3 critical free-throws in the 4th, but that has nothing to do with legs.

what did he score in the 4th in game one? Or game 6 against Utah? And what part of he comes out strong did you get scoring? I am talking about his body language.. his defense.. you can see he is gassed at moments. When guys are standing around waiting for the refs and he is leaning on the table during reviews.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
what did he score in the 4th in game one? Or game 6 against Utah? And what part of he comes out strong did you get scoring? I am talking about his body language.. his defense.. you can see he is gassed at moments. When guys are standing around waiting for the refs and he is leaning on the table..

He scored 10 in game 6 against UTAH and 1 in Game 1 against Suns...but had 10 in Game 2...He may be tired, but he's showing a pattern of scoring in the 4th, like he's tired.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A perfect time for Paul to come back. Suns will get an emotional boost seeing him out there plus will feel a little loose coming off that second win. Increased firepower with Paul has to help their confidence in LA.

Meanwhile Clips backs are against the wall and coming off a deflating loss. They have no room for error...they have to play almost flawlessly

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
what did he score in the 4th in game one? Or game 6 against Utah? And what part of he comes out strong did you get scoring? I am talking about his body language.. his defense.. you can see he is gassed at moments. When guys are standing around waiting for the refs and he is leaning on the table during reviews.
Clipper problems.

We're the ones that have to figure out what finger to put our officially licenced Phoenix Suns replica Championship Rings on.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
OMG Joe...... I'll hate Stackhouse forever.

P.S. I think the two biggest wins tonight are going to be moving Payne to the second team for added firepower and consistency, while also getting back the calming presence of CP3 when the crowd goes nuts on the road.

I am just hoping any rust is shaken off quickly.