Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Paul George 'looks pretty tired' while logging heavy minutes during Clippers' playoff run
The Clippers were in that position because George had 26 points, six rebounds and six assists while the Clippers missed Kawhi Leonard for a fourth consecutive game because of a right knee sprain. With George shooting 10-of-23 from the field and 1-of-8 from the 3-point line, however, Clippers coach Tyronn Lue conceded that George “looked pretty tired.”

And why wouldn’t he?

The Clippers ruled out Leonard for Game 3 on Thursday at Staples Center, which places a huge workload once again on George. He currently leads the NBA in most postseason minutes played per game among active teams (40.7). Overall, George ranks second only behind Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard (41.3). George has played at least 40 minutes in 10 of the Clippers’ 15 playoff games. That has coincided with the Clippers playing those 15 games in the past 31 days.

https://sports.yahoo.com/paul-george-looks-pretty-tired-120615406.html

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what I saw since game 6 when they played Utah. I think all those playin minutes travel time are catching up to him.

yeah his legs are gone, you can see the amount of lift has changed from game 1 to game 2. He's still big and strong enough to get them off though.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what I saw since game 6 when they played Utah. I think all those playin minutes travel time are catching up to him.

yeah his legs are gone, you can see the amount of lift has changed from game 1 to game 2. He's still big and strong enough to get them off though.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got a gn zz :) great to wake up see hawks w gm 1!! Im from Georgia moved to AZ IN 89 so i also root for Georgia teams fun yr for me!! Young and capalla would be hard to beat for suns.... if get that far

Massive massive gm paul book ayton need to lead suns to throat cuting lol type win tonight end any hope for clipps!!!

I'm sooo pumped for gm already lol tonight gonna be nuts go suns!!

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yea. He comes out strong for a few quarters but fades in the 4th.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns tired LeBron out
The Suns tired Jokic out
Looks like the Suns are tiring George out.

Big benefit of the Denver Sweep was the rest the Suns got. As well as the DEEEEP bench the Suns have that allows Monty not to have to play the starters as much as other teams.
I think if we looked at minutes in the playoffs our starters are playing close to the equivalent of other starters, Paul George aside. Monty has significantly shrunk his bench usage. Carter’s minutes are gone. As are any paltry minutes frank had. And saric and Craig’s minutes have significantly shrunk.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
FIL knows the company who printed these and snagged one for me. They are printing ones with DBook’s broken nose now.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if we looked at minutes in the playoffs our starters are playing close to the equivalent of other starters, Paul George aside. Monty has significantly shrunk his bench usage. Carter’s minutes are gone. As are any paltry minutes frank had. And saric and Craig’s minutes have significantly shrunk.

The Suns advantage right now they are finishing off series quickly which allows them to get extra rest by playing less games. Also the Suns make opponents work for their shots which has paid dividends. The Suns run the court a lot but it's not the type of running in SSOL. It's movement on offense and defense.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns 5 starters averaged 33 1/2 minutes per game vs Nuggets.

Paul George averaged 40 1/3 vs Jazz, plus played two more games - a total of 108 more minutes played than the average Suns starter (Booker played a bit more, the others less).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FIL knows the company who printed these and snagged one for me. They are printing ones with DBook’s broken nose now.

You must be registered for see images attach

for the life of me, I don’t know why someone would wear a shirt celebrating a moment in Suns history where our best player got knocked out of a crucial game where we lost HCA. I mean, why not another shirt with Steve Nash on the ground and Shorty standing over him post hip check?

now, a Booker broken face pic I get. He came back and was instrumental in getting the W, but when I saw someone wearing that shirt above at Game 2, I was flabbergasted.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
for the life of me, I don’t know why someone would wear a shirt celebrating a moment in Suns history where our best player got knocked out of a crucial game where we lost HCA. I mean, why not another shirt with Steve Nash on the ground and Shorty standing over him post hip check?

now, a Booker broken face pic I get. He came back and was instrumental in getting the W, but when I saw someone wearing that shirt above at Game 2, I was flabbergasted.

They saw the lady wearing the Nash one last game and said "Hey, thats one of our shirts!" There is still demand for them I guess, because they are printing more.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns starters also benefited from having a few games that were done before the 4Q even started.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a must-win game for the Clips. We must get out to a big lead early and take the fight out of them. If it is close, it is going to get ugly and someone will get injured.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They saw the lady wearing the Nash one last game and said "Hey, thats one of our shirts!" There is still demand for them I guess, because they are printing more.

does not compute.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA