Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
A few things to consider tonight:

Devin Booker came into the game with a nose broken in three places and wearing a face mask thanks to a headbutt.

Chris Paul has been off for health and safety protocols for 11 days.

Cam Payne only played 4 minutes after injuring his ankle.

As soon as I saw Booker adjusting the mask in the lane early in the game, I knew it was going to impact him. The “I just need to see the basket” talk is bravado. You can’t play at full speed after getting your nose broken in 3 places (Thanks to a cheap shot artist)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
These games are every other day. How fast do most players who miss an entire game come back from sprained ankles?
Depends… if it was a high ankle sprain, he’s toast for the rest of this series.
But, if it’s just a regular lower ankle roll/sprain, he could actually play Saturday. Donovan Mitchell did it… he wasn’t 100%, but he played.

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
CP3 really slowed things down too much. I wanted to see them run the clippers down

rotations were off several times on defense.

maybe should have sat Booker and let the swelling go down, blood gets pumping and the I’m sure it’s swelling and throbbing.

Oh the Mann “block” was another no call as book drove and was fouled first. Then the shot and he was blocked.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am disappointed, but let's be realistic- Suns have won eight or nine games in a row. They were due to have one terrible game. Tonight reminded me of those few regular season games they lost in a similar fashion- nothing was clicking. If they lose the next one, I will start to get worried, but for now...it's just one game. They were due to suck for one game.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is but part of it is he's more worried about falling down and trying to draw the foul and they're not giving it to him tonight

Chris Paul can hit the three. He shot .395 this season from 3-point range.

His shots weren't falling tonight. No way on a normal night Paul shoots 5-19 from the field.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Depends… if it was a high ankle sprain, he’s toast for the rest of this series.
But, if it’s just a regular lower ankle roll/sprain, he could actually play Saturday. Donovan Mitchell did it… he wasn’t 100%, but he played.
I’ll be surprised if Payne plays again. And if he does, I expect nothing like what we’ve gotten from him.

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
Monty didn’t use a challenge too.

Payne injured now, suns are cursed.

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the Suns are lucky Kawhi is injured. They were lucky that AD was injured and LeBron was 75%.

I also think the Suns are STILL winning the championship. Just steal game 4 (likely w/o Payne) and they will go on to win the championship imo.

This is the year to do it. Get it done.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I’ll be surprised if Payne plays again. And if he does, I expect nothing like what we’ve gotten from him.
If he doesn’t play Saturday, and is able to play Monday, I think he’d be close to being the guy we’ve seen all post season.
If he does play on Saturday, I’d be surprised if he’s able to be the same guy we’ve seen lately (really all season actually).

nashman

Reaction score
What the **** ever we were hacked and fouled all night with little calls! Total horseshit and Booker and Paul have never ever shot this poorly since being teammates. We got screwed in LA no shock get game 4 and come close them out at home!