Suns @ Clippers Sunday game thread 10-23-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker playing at another level his first three games scoring 28, 33 and 35 points respectively.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says he would like to see Cam Johnson play around 25 minutes a game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns came out with the right mentality tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ty Lue says the Suns are the better team right now.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really solid game as a team tonight. Book was Book and took really good shots until he try's for the 2 for 1, Ayton still looks like he should be on his rookie contract. honestly I had no idea how this team would show up to start the year, after preseason, which was very unimpressive. Payne continues to make me scratch my head. when he does good things, he can make a huge difference. but he has too many bad plays including missing wide open layups. and becomes a black hole. I have always liked Landale's energy, defense, and offensive rebounding. and his confidence. if he can hit a decent percentage on his 3's that would be a great weapon off our bench.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you sure? Read the previous 6 pages.

Agreed, and I read them, check out my comment on page 3. Going into the half we were dominating every phase of the game and up by 20 points and against a team that most here seem to think are the Western favorites... meanwhile 90% of the posts were deeply negative.

This is one deeply scarred fan base.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devin Booker playing at another level his first three games scoring 28, 33 and 35 points respectively.

The obvious "next step" for Booker is to get more consistent from 3. Last season had a long stretch where he was above 40% from 3 but it tapered off towards the last month or so. Obviously, shooting over 50% is unsustainable but if he could shoot over 40% on a high volume, while also being his same deadly self from mid-range and the line, he'd have a real claim to being the best pure shooter in the NBA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns got Jock Landale from the Hawks for cash. They had acquired Landale in a trade with the Spurs.

This was a brilliant move by James Jones. He has a knack for making small moves that turn out great.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shamet is a help. He is not a great player but his energy on both sides of the ball takes pressure off of whatever guard he is playing with.

ELind. I don't think the word for DA is more assertive. He does seem a bit more confident. Like he knows who he is on the court. Fans want more, of course.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul shot 3-11 from the field (1-8 from three), had 8 rebounds, 11 assists, 1 steal and 1 block, so he wasn't shy about shooting, but his shot is clearly off.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Booker and the bench were the story tonight.

Our three young guys who we need to take big steps this year look exactly like they have the last two years. It bothers the hell out of me that not ONE of those guys has taken a big step forward. They were ALL lottery picks. And they’re all good. But not one of them being great or at least REALLY good us gonna limit is long-term.
Yep. The fact that they each took incremental steps each of the preceding years but never a big leap and seem to have plateaued is disturbing. Ayton seems to have regressed. His board work is poor and he’s still going soft and not drawing contact and is in foul trouble. Bridges is just who he is . . . again. And cam may see an uptick in his numbers given more playing time, but I don’t see any new wrinkles to his game or physique.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose