Suns @ Clippers Saturday WCF game thread 6-26-2021 - Game 4

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
This. The Clips have already proven they can get under the skin of the players on this team. Run them off the floor and none of that matters.

I think this speaks volumes. The Clips are exhausted and are playing bully ball to slow the game down. The Suns should be running full court BB and not intentionally playing half court ball which makes zero sense playing this tired Clipper team. RUN!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think this speaks volumes. The Clips are exhausted and are playing bully ball to slow the game down. The Suns should be running full court BB and not intentionally playing half court ball which makes zero sense playing this tired Clipper team. RUN!
Would love to see us pick them up full court at times as well. Get Carter on the for 10 or so minutes and just have him pester the ball handler for 94 feet for all of those minutes.

Last edited:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You would “think”, especially with Monte as the coach, that these players were “smart” enough to not retaliate in any way to keep from getting these technicals that we seem to be getting in retaliation mode. But, I don’t think these athletes are as smart as we seem to want to give them credit for, or, they are all about “me” and don’t care about team.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You would “think”, especially with Monte as the coach, that these players were “smart” enough to not retaliate in any way to keep from getting these technicals that we seem to be getting in retaliation mode. But, I don’t think these athletes are as smart as we seem to want to give them credit for, or, they are all about “me” and don’t care about team.
It's not so much about being "smart". I'm sure if you asked the players they would tell you that they can't retaliate like that, but it is a lot different in the heat of the moment when you don't have time to think about what you are doing. They just need to drill it in their heads to not react and hopefully when the time comes they will be able to just stay calm.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is why Cam Payne is so important for this series.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Really hoping that finals tickets aren't nuts....... I'm going to try and get to games 3, 4, & 5 if we make it.

:stick::stick::stick::stick:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really hoping that finals tickets aren't nuts....... I'm going to try and get to games 3, 4, & 5 if we make it.

:stick::stick::stick::stick:

You know they don't do the series home, home, away, away, away, home, home anymore in the finals? Its just like every other series, home x 2, away x 2, home, away, home.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You know they don't do the series home, home, away, away, away, home, home anymore in the finals? Its just like every other series, home x 2, away x 2, home, away, home.
Is it? ugh...... I was banking on a 2-3-2 format.

Back to the drawing board.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think it's that at all. Some are legitimate penalty calls but to an extent I don't think they've quite adjusted to the way refs call things in physical playoff games when they see things are about to cross the line. Besides some ticky tack calls some of our technicals were definitely of the "keep control of the game" type which are difficult to anticipate or avoid.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it? ugh...... I was banking on a 2-3-2 format.

Back to the drawing board.

2-3-2 format, that's it. For the life of me I couldn't think of what it was called. Oh well.

I can't recall when they changed it but I'm pretty sure it was during Lebron's streak of reaching the finals. Its been a little while.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not understand why the finals are a different format from every other series.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
2-3-2 format, that's it. For the life of me I couldn't think of what it was called. Oh well.

I can't recall when they changed it but I'm pretty sure it was during Lebron's streak of reaching the finals. Its been a little while.

I do not understand why the finals are a different format from every other series.

What he is saying is that they are not different anymore. They used to be 2-3-2 but have switched back to the familiar 2-2-1-1-1

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Great job folks!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

i said to my dad last night when we started to stretch the lead in the second that there sounded like a lot of Suns fans there.

we’ve been STARVING for this for over a decade. If I wasn’t back in Phoenix being very Covid careful staying with someone immune comPromised , there’s no doubt Ouchie and I would have gone to at least one Lakers game in the first round and a Clippers game in this one.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i said to my dad last night when we started to stretch the lead in the second that there sounded like a lot of Suns fans there.

we’ve been STARVING for this for over a decade. If I wasn’t back in Phoenix being very Covid careful staying with someone immune comPromised , there’s no doubt Ouchie and I would have gone to at least one Lakers game in the first round and a Clippers game in this one.
I wish my dad was still here. He would have loved this run. Missed it by a couple years.

Reaction score
Hi everybody! An Italian Phoenix Suns fan here. From decades (the Barkley era). During these days Italy is playing the European Championship of Soccer... but I don't care! The only team I care are the Suns! I hope they will finish the job because they really deserve it (and fans too)! Beat L.A., guys and go take your/our trophy!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose