Suns @ Clippers Saturday WCF game thread 6-26-2021 - Game 4

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Awesome. Was there a large crowd there tonight?
Very large. The lower bowl was almost completely filled. I don’t think they planned on opening the upper bowl because it was closed at the beginning but they ended up opening it up. I saw that they estimated around 10k were there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very large. The lower bowl was almost completely filled. I don’t think the planned on opening the upper bowl because it was closed at the beginning but they ended up opening it up. I saw that they estimated around 10k were there.

It's great to see the Suns are an item in the Valley again. I hope you had a great time tonight.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've never heard the arena as loud as this season, uncomfortably loud in some cases. 93 was crazy but this year is over the top.
One thing I've noticed that's different is in 93 there were a ton of older people in the crowd, this year seems like a much younger louder crowd.
And gulp im the old guy.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
The only chance the Clippers have to win games against the Suns without Leonard is to make it physical and ugly. Clearly their game plan is to frustrate Book, pick up pressure with our ball handlers up to disrupt our offensive sets and not allow anything easy at the rim. The Suns allowed it to get to them in Game 3 but I felt as though the Suns matched that tonight, especially DA. He was the difference maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strongstyle

Rookie
Reaction score
Very large. The lower bowl was almost completely filled. I don’t think they planned on opening the upper bowl because it was closed at the beginning but they ended up opening it up. I saw that they estimated around 10k were there.
This is awesome to know. I'm gonna try and go for the next one. Hopefully it'll be a finals game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NBA Record fewest points in a post season win?

Lowest score by a winning team all season, 84.

I knew it was low scoring but not that low.

Mentioned here...
Espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31715846/nba-playoffs-2021-phoenix-suns-shown-how-win-mastering-margins

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns for some calls tonight. The losse ball foul on Saric on the rebound is what got me. No one ever calls that when pushing for position. It would be called on nearly every shot.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like how focused Paul is. That's exactly what you want to hear from the leader of the team, especially one so young.

"Not until the job is done. Not until the job is done," Paul said after the Suns' gritty 84-80 win over the LA Clippers on Saturday to go up 3-1 in the Western Conference finals. "We can talk about all that then, but right now, it's just laser focus.

"Three wins don't win the series, so right now, we did what we came here to do. We wanted to get one of these, and now we got to stay focused and be ready to go back to our crowd."

Espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31717937/phoenix-suns-take-3-1-series-lead-inspired-get-chris-paul-first-trip-nba-finals

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep...... Z was sitting and it looked like Mann was all over him about losing the ball. Z then spiked his towel and started arguing with him. Nothing major IMO

Mann shouldn't be talking. Zubac had a tremendous game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some interesting stats:

Who would think the Suns would shoot 36% from the field and 20% from three and win.

The Clippers shot even worse, shooting 32.5% from the field and 16.1% from three.

The Suns hit 18-21 from the free throw line (85.7%).

The Clippers got to the line 10 times more but only hit 21-32 free throws for 65.5%.

Suns had 59 rebounds and the Clippers 51.

In turnovers, the Suns had 14 turnovers and the Clippers 10.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton is also showing Devin Booker some love with a shirt.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amazing 80s type def win paul can win those gms more so than nash could in past

Ayton huge obviously and payne major off bench awesome to be at full strength need it last night

End Clippers also fjn season hopefully tom.... don't stretch it

Lol that leonard goin. Crazy was hilarious almost coughed out soda laughing l

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re-watching the game now. How in the hell is that a tech on Payne and not one on Mann? Mann literally instigated the whole thing and even gave Payne a little shove to the chest...
Haha I've watched highlights 20 plus times on YouTube such fun morning wow

Reaction score
Generally for a team to win a championship, it's not going to have one blowout game after another. Just not possible.
Over the years, it seems like playoff teams have three types of games:

one or two good blowouts of an opponent (i.e., the Lakers series)
at least one miracle ("Havlicek steals the ball . . . .") Ayton's game-winning lob
And at least one hell of a defensive game. The Suns had a great game to close out the series vs. Golden State in 1976, as I recall holding Barry way under his average.
Last night they had #3. Yes, the Hairdressers were cold, but so were we. I don't think Crowder has hit more than 2 3-point shots in the last 3 games. He is badly off, as is Bridges, not to mention Booker had another sub-par game, partly due to D, partly I'm sure due to the mask (which he took off).

Still, a great team is going to need one or two of those lockdown games to win the championship. Glad to see the Suns won one of those.

And at some point, they are ALL gonna be hot, and at some point, even Jackson is gonna start missing.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score