Suns @ Clippers Saturday WCF game thread 6-26-2021 - Game 4

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saturday the Suns will again play the Clippers in Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

On Thursday the Suns lost to the Clippers breaking their nine game playoff winning streak.

It's time to regroup.

The game will be televised on ESPN.

Start time is listed at 6 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we should hear something about Cam Payne's injury tomorrow.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Has anybody gone down to the Arena to watch an away game? I just bought tickets for me and my son. It will be our first time in the arena since the remodel so I am not only looking forward to the game, but also to check out all the changes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anybody gone down to the Arena to watch an away game? I just bought tickets for me and my son. It will be our first time in the arena since the remodel so I am not only looking forward to the game, but also to check out all the changes.

I've always been curious about that also.

Definitely looking forward to hearing about your experience. Hopefully you and your son have a great time and are able to celebrate a win down there.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be shocked if Cam Payne is playing. If his ankle wouldn't allow him to return, that typically takes a few days to get over. Hope he can play. We really missed him last game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well in a way glad suns hopefully got loss out of system

Any update on paynes seems like gm changed when he went down... huge loss 20 pt capable player energy backup pg... ugh

Big massive test sat

Focus on basketball not hangin with Kardashians book!! That was awful performance

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well in a way glad suns hopefully got loss out of system

Any update on paynes seems like gm changed when he went down... huge loss 20 pt capable player energy backup pg... ugh

Big massive test sat

Focus on basketball not hangin with Kardashians book!! That was awful performance

Losing Cam is a big loss off the bench considering how spotty our bench has been from a consistency perspective. He is good for double figures off the bench and handful of assists each game. I hope he is OK because we need him. We are not getting any production out of Moore and it appears that Monty wants to keep a short rotation in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That sounds like it'll be fun. I remember going to the coliseum in the mid-90's when they were showing some of the home playoff games being played at AWA. It was packed, and I enjoyed it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Cam Payne is out normally point Booker would help fill that role behind Chris Paul.

It's time to give Jevon Carter a look at this position. We know he brings defense, intensity and can shoot.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
CP3 and Book need to take over on Sat.

I'm fine with the pace as long as our defense stays strong. But they shot the ball so horribly. Hopefully Chris has his legs under him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker sounded upbeat after the game. If I heard correctly he had a conversation with Rip Hamilton about wearing a face mask.

When something is taken away, something else opens up.

He jokes around that if Cam Johnson went through it, he could.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Losing Cam is a big loss off the bench consider hot spotty any consistency is off the bench from anybody else. He is good for double figures off the bench and handful of assists each game. I hope he is OK because we need him. We are not getting any production out of Moore and it appears that Monty wants to keep a short rotation in the playoffs.
Payne also puts more pressure on the clippers with his speed than anyone else on our roster.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
When the guards are being pressured/abused and missing shots throw the ball to AYTON! Holly crap its not rocket science.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a replay of where Cam Payne was injured in Game 3. Still no word on his status.

It looks like he rolls an ankle.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the problems is the Suns getting the foul calls if they play tighter defense.

The Clippers were 20-24 from the free throw line in Game 3.

The Suns only got to the line 13 times hitting 12 of them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose