Suns @ Clippers 2-13-19

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This game is an example of why I want Oubre back. He always gives it all he's got. Up by 20 or down by 20, Oubre plays the same way.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 3rd quarter:

Clippers 100 - Suns 79

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
in a game where the ONLY person playing hard is Ayton, can anyone explain to me WTF HE'S ONLY GETTING 13 MINUTES WITH 1 FOUL?!

He has been feasting on guys on offense and playing okay defense. BOTH times they took him out of the game, the lead went from 7 to 15 the first time, then 7 to 15 again the second time.

And don't give me that "Igor has rotation minutes locked in." The guys aren't JV players at Phoenix Country Day School.

I mean, Tyler Johnson, who looks like one of the most usless basketball players I've ever seen is getting 17 minutes? Holmes, who has been awful tonight is deserving of 10 minutes when Ayton's getting 13?

Sorry. That makes no sense. Every time they've gone into Ayton he's either been productive or at worst put up a good shot. And yet, they're still sitting him, with 1 foul, with 4 minutes left after just cutting a 17 point lead to 7, after he got a 3 point play. That's AWFUL coaching. Atrocious.

I honestly just do not see how people continue to defend Igor. This crap just isn’t working and no adjustments at all no emotion no nothing.

I’ve been saying they need to go to a more traditional lineup and style. Throw it in to Ayton let him draw the double and kick out..

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clippers are disrespecting Holmes play inside tonight, offensively and defensively.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I kind of want Igor fired just so I can watch everyone freak out when the next coach gets the same results. Are you guys watching the games? Players suck. Greg Popovich couldn't get this team anywhere.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
okay... so, you've said a couple times you still think Igor's a good coach, right? This isn't a post meant to attack. I'm just really curious what is it you've seen to believe he's a good coach?

I could kinda get if you thought the jury is still out... if I'm being really generous, but what in your opinion makes you think he's good?

All of his former players and coaches around the league praise his coaching. We've seen glimpses of his offensive system executed properly and tenacious defense, but it's been few and far between.

Every coach since Gentry has failed spectacularly. How many times and how often can you change coaches, but still get the same result before you have to look elsewhere?

I'm at the point where I don't think things will change until Sarver appoints a legitimate and established GM and completely steps away.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
This team has to do something drastic this off-season , trade Booker and picks for Lillard or throw an offer for the 1st pick that a team can't refuse , can't keep this lack luster approach going anymore take a page from Mark Cuban and make something happen

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of his former players and coaches around the league praise his coaching. We've seen glimpses of his offensive system executed properly and tenacious defense, but it's been few and far between.

they've praised him as an ASSISTANT coach. What have you seen as a HEAD COACH leads you to believe he's a good coach? And man, i can only shake my head at the glimpses of tenacious defense... defense. We're second to last in the league in D. EVERY team has glimpses of something. Same for his "offense".

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah systems work IF YOU HAVE THE PLAYERS TO FIT THE SYSTEM. How the hell don’t people understand this.

He doesn’t have the players to fit his system you know what good coaches do when things aren’t working?? They adjust! Make changes you know actually be a coach.

Nope here we are keep chucking them 3s we gotta quota to meet(30)

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This team has to do something drastic this off-season , trade Booker and picks for Lillard or throw an offer for the 1st pick that a team can't refuse , can't keep this lack luster approach going anymore take a page from Mark Cuban and make something happen

No, that's exactly what they shouldn't do. Get an NBA-level point guard and at least a backup PF, and a couple of actual NBA players for depth. Rebuilding is ugly. You can't piss away the last three years by blowing crap up now.
They are set at SG, SF, and C. Get a PG and some help at PF. Don't panic, don't get emotional.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Every coach since Gentry has failed spectacularly. How many times and how often can you change coaches, but still get the same result before you have to look elsewhere?

I'm at the point where I don't think things will change until Sarver appoints a legitimate and established GM and completely steps away.
His use of Ayton is faulty. And I can't help but wonder, if Igor had the cojones to keep Booker at Shooting Guard and used whatever Point Guards management gave him, would that have forced the hand of management to get better than bargain basement Point Guards?

Igor has shown his style is too timid to make things happen. Give him a skilled, balanced, veteran team, and he'd probably be fine. It takes a Coach with fire to deal with this situation. And one with an NBA Head Coach resume.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yeah systems work IF YOU HAVE THE PLAYERS TO FIT THE SYSTEM. How the hell don’t people understand this.

He doesn’t have the players to fit his system you know what good coaches do when things aren’t working?? They adjust! Make changes you know actually be a coach.

Nope here we are keep chucking them 3s we gotta quota to meet(30)

Suns don't have players (mainly a PG) that fits ANY system.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a good GM and coach could turn the Suns around.

The problem is, I do not see the Suns paying for top caliber people or relinquishing the authority to run the team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns don't have players (mainly a PG) that fits ANY system.

Not true at all. This team has talent. Your gonna tell me teams like Brooklyn and Sac have that much more talent than us? Nope

Booker is a better player than any guys on those rosters. Booker, Ayton, Warren, Oubre, Jackson, Bridges all quality players.

How come Booker and Ayton never run a 2 man game they could pick and pop all day long but nope keep chucking 3s

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now let me make this clear I don’t expect playoffs, but what have we lost 20 of 22 or 22 of 24 some BS like that? 15 in a row?

This is beyond pathetic

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Clippers 134 - Suns 107

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
No, that's exactly what they shouldn't do. Get an NBA-level point guard and at least a backup PF, and a couple of actual NBA players for depth. Rebuilding is ugly. You can't piss away the last three years by blowing crap up now.
They are set at SG, SF, and C. Get a PG and some help at PF. Don't panic, don't get emotional.
Outside of SF and Ayton Booker, I would say the rest of the team needs re worked If you can't get lucky in the draft and some point you have to make some kind of move, the only moves this front office makes is helping out other teams by taking crap players like johnson, I'll stand by my statement I made at the beginning of the year, trading Booker could be the best move this franchise could make if they get multiple players that can contribute and form a more well rounded team this team doesn't gel , could be Igor but not sure an average point guard changes much

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns lose 15 games in a row heading into All-Star break.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not true at all. This team has talent. Your gonna tell me teams like Brooklyn and Sac have that much more talent than us? Nope

Booker is a better player than any guys on those rosters. Booker, Ayton, Warren, Oubre, Jackson, Bridges all quality players.

How come Booker and Ayton never run a 2 man game they could pick and pop all day long but nope keep chucking 3s
Booker is generally double-teamed immediately upon receiving the ball. You cannot run a 2-man game with the only two good shooters on the team. Can you explain how that works in your mind?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson