Suns @ Clippers 11-2-15

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play at the Clippers tonight with an 8:30 p.m. Arizona tip-off. They have lost 7 games in a row to the Clippers.

See more information about the game from a Paul Coro article at azcentral dated 11-2-15.

The Suns have to deal tonight with Griffin, who has been the main culprit in beating the Suns in the teams’ past seven meetings. Griffin has averaged 27.0 points during the winning streak against Phoenix, shooting 59.3 percent from the field during that time and getting to the free throw line for 8.7 attempts per game.

It used to be that the Suns’ scouting report was focused on taking away Griffin’s highlight plays, leaving him to his unreliable jump shot or shaky ball-handling. Now, everything is a highlight play for Griffin with few holes in his games and the NBA’s premiere point guard, Chris Paul, to set him up. He did so a league-high 262 times last season.

During the Clippers’ 3-0 start, Griffin is averaging 32.0 points, 9.0 rebounds and 4.0 assists while shooting 64.4 percent from the field and getting to the free throw line for 9.3 attempts per game. Only World B. Free scored more in the first three games of a Clippers season, when he averaged 35.0 in 1979.

“The hard part is a lot of it is the analytics you’re looking at and ‘OK, make him shoot that shot,’ “ Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said. “But for some reason against us, he makes them all. We don’t want to give him anything because we know he’ll make them. You try to keep him off the line. He’s powerful. He can go in there and go strong. He’s just a tough guy for us to guard so they’re going to have to fight him the whole night and have other guys help.”

Projected starting lineups

C: Tyson Chandler … DeAndre Jordan

PF: Markieff Morris … Blake Griffin

SF: P.J. Tucker … Lance Stephenson

SG: Brandon Knight … J.J. Redick

PG: Eric Bledsoe … Chris Paul

Key Clippers reserves: Jamal Crawford, Paul Pierce, Josh Smith, Austin Rivers, Wes Johnson, Luc Mbah a Moute.

Key Clippers injuries: None reported.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ame-day-orange-slices-suns-clippers/75055802/

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Sure, the Clippers are better but I like the way we match up. Keef is athletic which is best against Griffen. Chandler negates some of their inside dominance, Knight is much better than Redick. I'm looking forward to this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's hope the Suns have improved since they lost to the Mavericks. The Clippers beat the Mavericks 104-88 in Los Angeles on on October 29th.

The Mavericks are 2-1 with their two wins coming against the Suns and Lakers.

The above does not build my confidence but minimally I want the Suns to be competitive for a full game against a good team such as the Clippers.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sure, the Clippers are better but I like the way we match up. Keef is athletic which is best against Griffen. Chandler negates some of their inside dominance, Knight is much better than Redick. I'm looking forward to this.

On paper this is by far the best Clippers team ever IMO. Markieff is trying to keep his head in the game but his heart hasn't been and without that emotion I don't see us matching up well. The Clippers have dominated us for 3 seasons, it would be nice to see that change this year. But I'm going to keep my expectations low.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dang did not know they have beat us 7 straight.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This new Clippers logo looks like the kind of image you'd see shown by someone commentating on a team but didn't have the trademark privilege to show the team's logo.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Knight/ Bledsoe backcourt is playing well. It would be nice if Tucker could score more in addition to his defense and even nicer if Markieff could find his game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This new Clippers logo looks like the kind of image you'd see shown by someone commentating on a team but didn't have the trademark privilege to show the team's logo.

True.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kieff needs to realize that there's a reason why he's open at the 3pt line...its because everyone knows he can't shoot. Drive the damn ball and try to get to the FT line.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns lead 23-22 after the 1st quarter.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fantastic defense this QTR.

If we could shore up on our fast break defense, we're set. The switching on screens has given some easy pts to the Clippers too (Blake and CP3's first two buckets were because of wide open shots due to switching on screens).

Still, overall great defense. If Kieff can just not shoot the damn 3 anymore, we're good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kieff needs to realize that there's a reason why he's open at the 3pt line...its because everyone knows he can't shoot. Drive the damn ball and try to get to the FT line.

He had a fairly good opportunity to shoot over Griffin but declined. If Markieff doesn't want to play inside might as well give Mirza a heat check at some point in the game. I like Leuer more each game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was a nice hot start you had Price... but uhh... dial it back a bit buddy. Stop jacking up 3s every time the ball comes near you.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Len has such a nice mid range jumper and yet even when he's left open to shoot it, he tries to post up and commits a turnover and or miss badly.

Just shoot it man, you can make it!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Clipper team is fun to watch. And man, they are DEEP.

As far as us... It's just a team of meh.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kieff should be fined $10k for each 3 he takes.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Markieff is seriously dogging it, he's not this bad of a player. Look at his body language too if your watching this game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Markieff needs to sit. He is a liability.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Put Booker in over Weems.

I haven't seen anything from Weems. I'm not watching tonight's game but weems is just good at moving the ball and a pass here and there. His shot is flat.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow..Markief really playing like crap. Do we have the actual brother or they pulled a switcheroo on us :)

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kieff single handedly cost us this game with the first half. We should be up 15 instead we're down 9. He's purposely killing our momentum offensively and then on top of that, he's leaving Griffin wide open as if Blake is some scrub.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose