Suns chances at play in

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by NashDishesDimes, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

At least now if the bubble fails going forward, I won't care as much. Of course I don't want to see it fail since these games the last 2 weeks have been some of the best television of the pandemic.

I think they could make it all the way if they kept things the way they are but with family and friend visiting after the 1st round, I think we'll see some issues arise.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Site Owner Administrator Staff Member

Totally agree. Didnt expect to be this bummed about them not making it.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Site Owner Administrator Staff Member

The only thing I'm worried about next year is did the Suns play so well because they were in the bubble because there were no other distractions for them. If next season starts outside of the bubble, will those distractions effect their focus on each game they play?

They seemed so focused with these games that I think the isolation helped.

4. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

I think our home court has been a disadvantage. Our home and road records were the opposite of what you'd think of a mediocre team.

It is typically dead in there, especially if they fall behind early. Hopefully with the overhaul of the arena and a lot of new hope, the story will reverse.

5. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

I'd be really disappointed if the bubble failed. For several reasons; the NBA is probably the most balanced it has been in ages and this playoffs should be really interesting, it would cheapen this Suns achievement as being part of some sort of gimmick and that everything is such so freaking horrible in the news that it would be nice to have ONE THING in America figure out a way to deal with covid.

6. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

We deserve the lottery karma. GIVE IT TO US!!!

7. Western Font

Western Font Registered

Were it not for COVID, this was a meet-the-team-at-the-airport type of run. I’m disappointed but really proud of the team and excited for next year. This may have been like preseason for some teams, but it was the closer to playoffs for the Suns.

8. FJM23

FJM23 Free Agent

It would make a million times more sense for the Suns to play Memphis on Saturday with the winner playing Portland on Sunday.

Rather than this asinine best of 2 series where Memphis has to beat Portland twice even though they finished only half game back of them. I even read one article calling this a play-in tournament. How does 2 teams make it a tournament?

This might be the stupidest and most unfair playoff round ever devised. Adam Silver should be ashamed of himself.

9. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

what a bummer

10. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Portland beats Memphis and then embarrasses the Lakers in round one. leBron looks old in that series. Anthony Davis looks at the situation and sees no assets and no ability to improve and opts out of his contract. He calls his old mentor Monty Williams for advice and asks him if the Suns can make room.

The Suns oblige, in order to do him a favor of course.

wait. That was my alarm clock. Sometimes you just don’t want to wake up.

BC867 and AzStevenCal like this.
  11. Yuma

Yuma Working from home. Missing my free coffee!

I totally expected this. My whole family is mad at me. I kept saying we would go 8-0 and end up "JUST" short! That's what we do as Suns! When we are good we are tantilizingly just short, wait for next year! So until the Sarver era, that happened A LOT! We had a lot of good teams in our history. In the eighties we had a suck period, then this long stretch. Otherwise we have been good, imho.

12. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

it worked out for the best -- undefeated and a lottery pick
    Oubre was not physically ready, and Ayton was not mentally ready for a playoff run.

and, btw, a "preseason with starters" and games counting towards the standings and playoffs is called a season, not a preseason.
    in fact, it's a harder leg of the season, because all the worst teams weren't included.

13. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

This hurts more today for some reason. I think it’s knowing there could have been more games to watch and really loving and being entertained by what we were watching.

14. cwamjn

cwamjn Registered

I was fine last night, but same today. Plus the yotes dropped another tough one that will be over soon. With the devils cancelling sports I might only have 2 more games this year to care about.

15. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

no Cardinals?