Suns @ Celtics Thursday game thread 4-22-2021

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Apr 21, 2021.

1. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

agree on being confused why Tank can’t get any minutes, especially with Crowder out and Dario looking more like Sorrio right now.

2. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

Frank isn't great but he hasn't been a liability this season. Last time he was a fixture in the rotation the team played really well also. Im not sure why Monty isn't using him. I'm a fan of Monty's but his rotations have been questionable at times.

3. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

The closing schedule for the Suns is brutal and they could use a fresh body like Kaminsky with Dario not playing well.

Now Crowder could miss some games as well. And the silence on Nader is deafening.

Something doesn't add up unless Monty is locked into a rotation.

mjb21aztd likes this.
  4. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Yes it has but we needed a lot of upgrades and with a healthy Saric playing like he did in the bubble along with a rookie power forward, an extra big was less of a concern than starting point guard, backup shooting guard and a combo forward or two that could play big when necessary.

After filling those holes we were reduced to searching through the bargain bin for a backup 5/4, hence the signing of Damian. Obviously, that signing failed, Jalen (thanks to his rawness, injuries and covid) proved un-usuable and Saric has looked more like the pre-bubble Dario. But no matter what, going from where we were to where we are is remarkable. Was there a better free-ish player available (and interested in us) than Damian Jones? I doubt it, given that two other teams have tried him since we let him go.

mjb21aztd likes this.
  5. Mainstreet

I don't think the Suns needed both Moore and Galloway. There was a choice to be made there. It's easier to add guards and wings than big men during the season if a need arises. The Suns might have been able to waive or buyout one of the above to add a minimum type big.

IIRC, James Jones made a comment like the Suns team was made during the summer. I commend him for adding Craig but rosters need to be tweaked when a need becomes obvious especially for a playoff team. The trade deadline passed and buyouts passed without a move that could have strengthened the team. The Suns didn't even fill their second two-way roster spot for a player with size.

Ouchie-Z-Clown and mjb21aztd like this.
  6. mjb21aztd

mjb21aztd Registered User

Was busy at work glad i missed that crap show of a gm....

What's up with dario.... he slid off

Hope perform beter next gm...

Also booker better get act together before real gms begin.... soon

Mainstreet likes this.
  7. mjb21aztd

mjb21aztd Registered User

Ugh great at nets next really not looking forward to.that 1 lol

8. Dr dumas

Dr dumas Rookie

I can understand playing Dario to help him get out of a funk. But he’s looked like crap for what seems like two months now.

Time to play Frank for some minutes. Pretty sure he can’t do worse.

Ayton didn’t even want the ball last night. He made no attempt from what I remember to post up on the low block. He certainly wasn’t playing aggressively..

9. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

We owe them. But it won’t matter if book, Ayton, and Dario play like the last couple games.

Mainstreet and mjb21aztd like this.
  10. taz02

taz02 Registered

Expected ups and downs with DA and Dario.

If Booker Booker continues to sputter we'll be in real trouble. I wonder if his play has anything to do with Paul taking the alpha dog spot. Booker went from being top dog to being a clear second fiddle. I get the feeling he is pressing everything, trying too hard. Everything you hear is how Paul is the man and took the suns too the next level. Its got to weigh on Booker.

11. GatorAZ

GatorAZ feed hopkins

Dario has always been limited athletically but during earlier in the season he looked so confident and in control. Maybe it’s a mental thing?

12. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical

Booker was playing very well and leading us to wins as little as like 2 weeks ago. He is simply going through a slump and part of it is probably getting different looks from the defense than he was seeing earlier and will now have to adjust.

Just 10 days ago he finished a 9 games stretch of averaging 31 and the team going 8-1, or a 31 game stretch averaging 28 and the team going 25-6. His struggles have really just been the last 6 games.

AzStevenCal and Ouchie-Z-Clown like this.
  13. Mainstreet

So Kemba Walker plays against the Suns but rests in the Celtics loss to the Nets Friday night.

14. Ronin

Ronin The show stopper

15. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

We've been lucky all year with our opponents stars missing our match ups. Most players nursing injuries will miss the second game in back to backs, not the first. I won't let Kemba sitting on night 2 of bother me.

You can't win them all.