Suns @ Celtics Saturday game thread 1-18-20

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has Ryan found a lesser FO job somewhere?

He has a show on satellite radio currently. The way he hasn't shied away from bashing the Suns wihout accepting any responsibility for the errors made during his tenure makes it unlikely he'll be hired by another NBA team anytime soon, lesser position or not. Although Ainge bringing him back wouldn't be that much of a surprise, given their previous relationship.

Link to info on his show...
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/4/18/18491884/listen-phoenix-suns-ryan-mcdonough-sirius-xm

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Need to see more video of Bridges shooting the ball. Swish... all net.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

a few things to note.

his foot spacing/work, he’s pretty much set for those shots. We don’t see him shuffling too much or stepping out of bounds.

and second, they’re mostly from the side. Shorter distance.

I’ve stayed before that he was hesitating too much unlike when he first showed up to summer league.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a few things to note.

his foot spacing/work, he’s pretty much set for those shots. We don’t see him shuffling too much or stepping out of bounds.

and second, they’re mostly from the side. Shorter distance.

I’ve stayed before that he was hesitating too much unlike when he first showed up to summer league.

Cam needs to be doing the same thing and stay ready when the opportunity presents himself.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Suns appear to be trying to remove the remnants of a hitch. Maybe the increased range has something to do with it. Perhaps those who followed Bridges in college can speak more about his shooting form.

I did find this.

I don’t even understand how a hitch like that develops.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. Is this just me? Why does Ayton look like the biggest guy on the floor all the time when he is only listed at 6-11?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. Is this just me? Why does Ayton look like the biggest guy on the floor all the time when he is only listed at 6-11?

In person, he is enormous. He looked significantly larger than anyone in the Magic game last week.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know either but I suspect Bridges tried to work on his shot mechanics when he reached the NBA.

Awhile back I remember him working on his shooting technique in slow motion and he told the fans or whoever not to worry about it because it would speed up in game action. However, that's when I became concerned. Maybe that was the off season. I'm not totally sure.

I liked Bridges' shot in college. IMO, it's best not to work on something that isn't broken.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

I don't know, but I was shocked to see how huge he looks when I saw him in person last year in DC. He is not only tall, but ridiculously long. Seeing him on TV does not do him justice.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Crazy thing about Bridges is that he never looks tired. He is always playing defense, always moving, and he never looks tired. I thought it may have been because of his relatively low minutes, but he didn't seem to get tired last night, and I am pretty sure he played close to 40 minutes. His conditioning is incredible.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I've said before, in summer league when he first came to the league his shot was quick and confident, no 1-2 motion. I think his role was limited last year as well as this year, which could change his mindset on how to score and if he thinks his role is to defer more to the starters. I'm not sure, but inserting him into the starting rotation would increase his responsibilities on both ends of the floor.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Len and Bender have the same effect too. Amare was noticeably smaller in person, and really thin, you'd think the way he plays on tv he'd be a more built person. I keep screaming at the tv, dunk that iish Ayton, it's like he doesn't realize he's 7ft tall and the rim is right there. He doesn't need to jump much to finish of plays. If he continues to play soft by laying the ball in instead of dunking it, eventually everyone is going to challenge his shots.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose