Suns @ Cavaliers Tuesday game thread 5-4-2021

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bar is a lot lower for bigs though. Jamaal Magloire was an All-Star one year, the year he posted career highs of 14 and 10. The new position classifications for All-Star selections level this playing field somewhat, but it's still awfully hard to get in as a wing.

this is a good point.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe they don’t trust CP3 in that moment.

I think the reason they don't use Chris Paul in these last second situations is because if the opponent traps him hard he will not be able to get a shot off. It would likely end in a tie ball or perhaps a turnover.

Booker is more athletic in this regard and his leaping ability almost guarantees him a shot at the basket, albeit even a poor one at times, if he is trapped. The Suns don't seem inclined to pass the ball in these situations because they do not want to risk a turnover.

The Suns have been incredibly good in close games so it's hard to argue the end result.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
#MambaMentality

Seriously though, I agree. His idolization of Kobe really haunts him here in the clutch. Kobe's "clutch" game was not one to emulate. Statistically... he stunk. You look at Kobe in playoff buzzer beater moments and you can find more clips of his teammates tipping in his airball than one can find him winning a game.

The moment doesn't scare Booker... and that is a good thing, but I wish it extended itself to him knowing that a 21 foot, off balance, doubled teamed, jumper is not as good of a shot as a teammate having an uncontested corner 3.

Nah. Kobe has hit plenty game winners in the reg and post season. He’s got 3-4 vs the Suns alone.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Nah. Kobe has hit plenty game winners in the reg and post season. He’s got 3-4 vs the Suns alone.
He was poor statistically. Shot like 30% on game tying and game winning shot attempts. Comparatively MJ shot about 50% in the same situation.