Suns @ Bulls Saturday game thread 2-22-20

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Funny that we critique him on these things when he has these monster games. He’s 21 and when/if he figures out the little things on which people nitpick, who the hell knows what his ceiling will be

He is already one of the best big men the Suns have ever had.

Sure he needs to improve a lot, but he is already pretty damn good. I think the frustration is that its obvious that he could be a top 3 big man with incremental improvements. He might already be top 3.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to get Ayton 30 and 20.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Nice win for the Suns. Sure Bulls are bad but....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Funny that we critique him on these things when he has these monster games. He’s 21 and when/if he figures out the little things on which people nitpick, who the hell knows what his ceiling will be
I remember in the seventies when big men ruled the game. Big men trained differently. I remember hardly ever seeing a guard being able to strip a big man. They had really strong hands. The great big men. I want this kid to be great.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Other than Cam, I would be fine if not a single one of our bench players are back next year.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I remember in the seventies when big men ruled the game. Big men trained differently. I remember hardly ever seeing a guard being able to strip a big man. They had really strong hands. The great big men. I want this kid to be great.

And those are things he can improve upon. He’s only been playing competitive basketball since he was 13. I’m just glad these are the things we’re discussing now and not complaining that he cant score more than 12 a game

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Sure he needs to improve a lot, but he is already pretty damn good. I think the frustration is that its obvious that he could be a top 3 big man with incremental improvements. He might already be top 3.

Good discussion topic. Is Suns Shaq better than Ayton?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I see that ceiling too. Just a matter of time.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Ayton finishes with 28 points, 19 rebounds and 3 blocks. Nice to see him bounce back after a horrible first half.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m seriously trying to figure out a center in Suns history clearly better than DA. I don’t count amare because he’s a 4.

That's kind of sad actually.

I think the expectation of being #1 overall while also having Trae Young and Doncic come out of the same draft is why so many people are very critical of Ayton.

He has bad games where he goes for around 30 and 20. That's how good he can be, if he played better, we are looking at absolutely monster numbers.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That's kind of sad actually.

I think the expectation of being #1 overall while also having Trae Young and Doncic come out of the same draft is why so many people are very critical of Ayton.

He has bad games where he goes for around 30 and 20. That's how good he can be, if he played better, we are looking at absolutely monster numbers.
That's why we had to draft Ayton. We have always been chasing that great center in our history.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m seriously trying to figure out a center in Suns history clearly better than DA. I don’t count amare because he’s a 4.

The Suns have not had a better true center although Alvin Adams should get some credit.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Suns 6 games back from the eighth seed. Pretty much we are out of it. I think we need to learn how to play without turn overs, everyone playing tem defense, etc. Ut's time to work for next year.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns have not had a better true center although Alvin Adams should get some credit.
I can't see the context of what is being discussed but AA was a danged good 5. Too bad his time in the valley is mired in the drug scandal.

I guess technically James Edwards played 5 back then, so you are correct. AA was a beast in the post though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's fun how times have changed.

Alvin Adams was considered a bit undersized as a center when he played but he would be a perfect 5 in today's game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This has to be a first for the season, Javon Carter had the worst plus/minus on the team. The bench played bad all game but seeing Javon as the worst is surprising given his defense is quite good and he could be the best defender on the team, definitely in that conversation if he's not the clear cut top guy in that regard.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
6 turnovers in a half isn’t nitpicking. Glad to see he turned this game around and dominated a clearly inferior opponent.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I’d agree with everything here but the last sentence.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good discussion topic. Is Suns Shaq better than Ayton?
That is an interesting question. I didn’t remember him averaging over 11 rebounds/game his full season with us. Hard to compare with their respective teammates.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson