Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We can go round and round on this. Giannis is from another planet I get it. But name one play where you saw Ayton sprint downcourt to block a shot, you can’t. For me effort, hustle and desire is high on my criteria list. Again it takes ZERO talent to hustle.

so the game he had 22/19, 18/9, 20/10 or the game he got 17 rebounds in these finals.

dude stop acting like he was some bum out there.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Literally haven’t slept. Wasn’t able to. Crazy huh? This one hurts bad. However, we went from irrelevant to near champs in one season and an 8 game run in the bubble.

This franchise is my one true sports love. For them to be in nba purgatory for 10 years almost made me lose all interest in basketball because I hated seeing my team in such a bad way. So I will forever be grateful to this year’s squad for helping me reignite the flame again. There will be many memorable moments I take from this year’s run.

Today we mourn my fellow Suns fans but I hope we all appreciated what we had in front of us this year. It’s something I’ll never forget.

TJ

Bobby Sarvs
Reaction score
We can go round and round on this. Giannis is from another planet I get it. But name one play where you saw Ayton sprint downcourt to block a shot, you can’t. For me effort, hustle and desire is high on my criteria list. Again it takes ZERO talent to hustle.

Just stop. This is becoming pure folly, and you cannot argue that. We're not in a position to complain about the Finals w/o Ayton. That's a fact.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And why wouldn’t it be? Middleton is 29 and just completed his 9th season in the NBA, his 8th with Giannis. I’m not one who is predicting Bridges will become as effective as Middleton is… but, I can definitely see Bridges continuing to grow, develop and refine his game to where he is a much bigger and consistent contributor on offense.
He certainly could. Their 3rd year stats are eerily similar. But middleton could routinely get his own shot in year three. That’s not a skill Bridges possesses and one that’s hard to come by for vets not already possessing it.

FB94

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
so the game he had 22/19, 18/9, 20/10 or the game he got 17 rebounds in these finals.

dude stop acting like he was some bum out there.
I am not saying he’s a bum, I’m saying he needs to “attempt” to match the opponent’s energy. I wouldn’t be saying a word if I saw Ayton one time , just once race back on a turnover to contest the shot. But he didn’t and never will.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am not saying he’s a bum, I’m saying he needs to “attempt” to match the opponent’s energy. I wouldn’t be saying a word if I saw Ayton one time , just once race back on a turnover to contest the shot. But he didn’t and never will.

list me all the 7 foot centers in the NBA that can do that? He has a completely different body type for that dude.

centers are giving you full court chase down blocks man. Get real

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
list me all the 7 foot centers in the NBA that can do that? He has a completely different body type for that dude.

Giannis, AD

Although those guys do not play the 5 all that much.

The real upgrade needed is at the 4 spot Crowder should be a bench depth piece.

Could Jalen Smith turn into a 6'10" stretch 4 who can rim protect and chase down blocks? Maybe we'll see what his potential is next season.

1Sun

Banned
Reaction score
Giannis, AD

Could Jalen Smith turn into a 6'10" stretch 4 who can rim protect and chase down blocks? Maybe we'll see what his potential is next season.

Definitely not next season. He is still at least 2-3 years away.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Giannis, AD

but when was the last time you seen AD chase a guy down full court and give you a chase down block like that? And like you said those guys don’t play center

1Sun

Banned
Reaction score

Bigger issue is him regularly getting out-muscled and out-toughed by guards, not unlike (gulp) Luc Longley...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the way he's officiated.. yeah. Not only is he a freak of nature, but when you try to guard him with physicality you get a foul call for bumping into him too hard.
Yeah, Ayton would foul out with only 10 to 15 minutes of playing time.

FB94

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He can run can’t he, not saying he will get there but at least try. Giannis didnt watch at all. He reacted and put forth the effort, sometimes in vain but he tried. He made some plays that perhaps changed the outcome. You have your opinion and I have mine.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think what disappointed me the most about last night's game was that in the biggest game of our young studs' lives, NONE of them stepped up. None of them even played average. Book, Ayton, Bridges... none of them played well. They really didn't respond well to adversity when the lights shined brightest. I'm really hoping that's a youth/inexperience thing. And I expected it to be there for some of the guys. Just not all of the youngins at once. Maybe I should have.

now I'm just itching to get to FA to see how we respond and if we're going to sit on our laurels or do what's necessary to not only get back to the Finals, but win this time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think what disappointed me the most about last night's game was that in the biggest game of our young studs' lives, NONE of them stepped up. None of them even played average. Book, Ayton, Bridges... none of them played well. They really didn't respond well to adversity when the lights shined brightest. I'm really hoping that's a youth/inexperience thing. And I expected it to be there for some of the guys. Just not all of the youngins at once. Maybe I should have.

now I'm just itching to get to FA to see how we respond and if we're going to sit on our laurels or do what's necessary to not only get back to the Finals, but win this time.
Heard jamelle hill on the radio today talking suns. She was basically recruiting ring chasers to come to Phoenix touting what a great place to live it was. And it was purposeful. Love it. Hope it bears fruit.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard jamelle hill on the radio today talking suns. She was basically recruiting ring chasers to come to Phoenix touting what a great place to live it was. And it was purposeful. Love it. Hope it bears fruit.

they need a latter day PJ Brown. Or Kurt Thomas.