Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

FB94

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ayton after the game: "Even though we lost it was still fun".

Sorry - that is just infuriating. It really seemed like he turned a corner earlier in the playoffs and now he's back to just bouncing around the court having fun
Can only say he only “22” for so long. He is who he is

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Most players improve in the offseason by working in their craft and bring it into the season.
No that is only part of it. The other part comes from getting real game experience playing that role in that type of offense. When have the Suns been that tyoe of offense all season long?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That may be the issue with the coaching the Suns currently have, though. Is Bryant even doing that? Are the Suns insisting that Ayton does that kind of off-season work with a coach?

I don't know enough to say yay or nay, but I would hope the Suns would be insisting on that... and if Ayton is resisting it, laying down the law to him. That's definitely on the coaching if they aren't.
They’re not allowed to insist. It’s called the offseason for a reason. It’s on the player to have the drive to be the best. Think anyone has to push book? Nope.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry - that is just infuriating. It really seemed like he turned a corner earlier in the playoffs and now he's back to just bouncing around the court having fun
The mental part is obviously still a work on progress. YIKES!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton got in BS foul trouble in the two Scott foster games. How many of those 18 free throws came on plays where Giannis recklessly ran into Ayton?
While the didn’t call the contact same other end of court, Ayton did foul a lot. Not a ton of those calls I could question.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah not the time for that comment. That’s a young guy failing to recognize he may never be back and blew a rare opportunity. Dan Marino said he always thought he’d get back to the super bowl but there’s no guarantees.

Bufalay

Reaction score
While the didn’t call the contact same other end of court, Ayton did foul a lot. Not a ton of those calls I could question.
Maybe. The bucks deserved to win but there’s a damn fine line between 50 pt finals mvp performance and oops I have 4 fouls in the first half for continually running into people all over the floor.

Bufalay

Reaction score
Because he failed a drug test. That's 100% on him. No excuses.
Ok but it is an excuse. He couldn’t develop new moves cuz he didn’t play.

The league also shut down in March. I know, no excuse.