Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They have never asked him to be that player. He has never been asked to be that guy. His offense was a complete afterthought until this playoffs. It’s not all on him.

I'm not trying to put it all on him but he should have developed some sort of offensive moves by now, whether the 3rd option or not.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Haven't caught up, but zooming out a bit, the team with the best player usually wins in the playoffs. Milwaukee had by far the best, and arguably the second best in Jrue. He may not have flashy offensive numbers but he was a monster defensively all series. Tip your hat to them, they were the better team.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here we go...the Cam J pile on

I think Cam J is fine as a role playing shooter off the bench. But I think that is his ceiling. He will never be a legitimate starter in the NBA.

With Bridges, on the other hand, yes his offense is frustrating, but he is the best perimeter defender we have...by a ton. We can't afford just to give that away or let that go. We saw in Game 5 what happens to us on defense when Bridges is out.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol im watching mst3000 to relax my mind..... what are u guy's doing to ease the sting....

We should create a arizona sports fan sad moment recovery event lol

Talking about changes for next season on another thread.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to put it all on him but he should have developed some sort of offensive moves by now, whether the 3rd option or not.
He does have moves. He just isn’t effective at using them . That’s what happens when you’ve been the fourth or fifth option the entire time you have been here. Honestly, they need to fire Mark Bryant and bring in someone to work with him full time on low post moves.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
no it’s not he’s getting the max and trust every team would pay him it after the playoff run he just had
You’re right. And it’s likely 50-50 if it ends up being the wise decision or a really bad one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sure Giannis got his points and fouls called on him. You can argue fairness or not all day. But the level of desire and effort he gave last four games was head and shoulders above any Suns player period
Agree

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He does have moves. He just isn’t effective at using them . That’s what happens when you’ve been the fourth or fifth option the entire time you have been here. Honestly, they need to fire Mark Bryant and bring in someone to work with him full time on low post moves.

If he could seal his defender inside he wouldn't be our 4th or 5th option. I can guarantee he wasn't drafted to be that far down the totem pole either.

I don't blame Mark Bryant either. He's been lauded by many within and outside of this organization for the works he's done with Ayton defensively. We need someone to help Ayton offensively some too but I think its effort more than anything that is Ayton's issue. I'm not alone in that either.

DJ Tabooh

Free Agent
Reaction score
Agree. I think Ayton becomes a terrific #3. But that’s his likely ceiling. I don’t think book is good enough as-is to be a championship #1 either. His defense will never be that level, he’s not consistent enough drawing fouls or shooting 3’s, and he still lets his emotions get the better of him far too often. He would be the best #2, or really a 1b in the league. Kinda need to get him an equivalent sidekick. Kinda like a kawhi and Paul George pairing.
This was Book’s playoff debut and we got within 2 games of a championship. He’s absolutely a #1. If he had any help in game 4 and 5 we’re champs. Middleton didn’t do much tonight and Book was on him the entire game. His 3 ball needs more consistency but he’s won a 3 point contest so he CAN shoot. It’s just a consistency thing. But Book, though he does need to make better decisions and not let the refs get in his head in my opinion has proven to be a superstar. We sure as **** don’t beat the Clips in game 1 and 2 without Book and CP3 playing but he carried us.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ayton did revert back to the way he played most of the season, that's absolutely fair, he just didn't put in the same effort in the Finals that he did in prior series. He got down on himself and lost his confidence. I just wish he had the killer mental drive to be great that Book has because he could absolutely dominate.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Not running down the court” now equals “match giannis”. Lol at terrible takes.
Giannis is the best big man in the league and asking Ayton or Crowder to stop him was wishful thinking. Ayton could have played better for sure but the Suns don’t have anybody on this roster who can play at that level that consistently. Giannis is the best big man since Shaq and I bet he surpasses him before all is said and done. I have never seen a guy that big move like he does. Not sure anybody can guard him in the league.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe sign Giannis brother to guard him, hope that Giannis won't run over his family. That's the only way to stop him.