Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
nah. If that was the case we would have never gotten within 1 at the end of the game. We woulda just gotten run out of our gym.

We basically did, until Booker and what was left of Paul tried to put the team on their back for a 5-minute Herculean effort at the end...

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We basically did, until Booker and what was left of Paul tried to put the team on their back for a 5-minute Herculean effort at the end...

right. So, in other words, that second quarter run didn’t crush us for good because we still came back to get within 1 play of taking back the series lead.

I know you’re gonna play the fatalist for the next three days to the extreme but you’ve been hoping for the bottom to fall out for this team since Day 1 to be able to beat your chest and say I WAS RIGHT, so I would expect nothing different now.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
right. So, in other words, that second quarter run didn’t crush us for good because we still came back to get within 1 play of taking back the series lead.

I know you’re gonna play the fatalist for the next three days to the extreme but you’ve been hoping for the bottom to fall out for this team since Day 1 to be able to beat your chest and say I WAS RIGHT, so I would expect nothing different now.

Quite the opposite. I wanted the championship drought to end. Badly. So much so that my wife was preparing to fly me to Milwaukee for Game 6 had the Suns won tonight. I am heartbroken.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
CP3 needs to take control of game 6.. Booker is an amazing scorer but the team does not fire on all cylinders unless CP3 is controlling the offense and getting everybody involved.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
CP3 needs to take control of game 6.. Booker is an amazing scorer but the team does not fire on all cylinders unless CP3 is controlling the offense and getting everybody involved.

He isn't physically right. Otherwise that wouldn't be in question.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The fight they had at the end proves you wrong. They never gave up.

They had a great 5 minute stretch late in the fourth...but only after the Bucks pretty much did whatever they wanted for a quarter and a half AFTER their second quarter run.

overseascardfan

Reaction score
Like most here I don't think MIL lets this series come back to PHX, they have too much momentum.

The biggest key to this series is MIL is able to get big defensive stops and PHX is not. That's why PHX is not celebrating a championship tonight. MIL overcame a 4th quarter deficit in Game 4 and got the big stop to seal the win and MIL took PHX's best shot and laughed it off in the second quarter and withstood a late rally with a game ending stop on Booker's last possession. It doesn't get any more demoralizing than that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All I know is that the Suns are making me feel like a child again. Filling me with wonder and happiness... then tearing my guts out.

This feels similar to the Dbacks in 2001 (something I experienced as a young adult), a series they had in the bag, only to seemingly **** it away and then snatch victory from the jaws of defeat... I hope it plays out the same way.

Vacard

Registered
Reaction score
The Bucks played a damn near perfect game in the second half and made every freakin bucket in the 3rd quarter with offensive rebounds when they missed. If the Suns still are mentally in it they can take game 6 because the Bucks can’t hit every shot like that with a hand in their face. It’s time for JRue and Middleton to come back down to earth. That’s the only hope the Suns have to take it to game 7.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think if we’re truly being honest with ourselves, we’d admit:

- We never once dreamed of a Championship run at the start of this season.
- The Bucks are the better “team.” They are bigger, stronger and more seasoned at every position. They have consistently outplayed the overmatched Suns over the past 3 games.
- Our youth is just too much to overcome. Guys like Bridges and Cam Johnson for example, are just as capable as Portis and Cannoughton, but the Bucks duo have used their experience to outplay Cam and Mikal… certainly as it relates to playing and contributing within the team system.
Giannis, while not without flaws, is using his incredible physicality and experience to virtually dominate anytime he chooses to.
And Holiday and Middleton have been lethal and are superior to our combo of Book and Paul, mainly due to CP3’s age, wear & tear finally catching up to him. Though, both Holiday and Middleton are better than Book on defense and they don’t make nearly the amount of reckless plays as does Booker.
Lopez plays an important role that we can’t match (size and ability to drill a key 3-ball).
PJ Tucker - see Lopez.

I am praying for a Game 7… but, should that not transpire, I’m so grateful for an epically fun and unforgettable season!

Absolute Zero

Reaction score
This is very winnable, but it will take a tremendous effort and a few breaks going our way.

Not sure what adjustments Monty can make. If you look at our side of the box score, it was a very solid offensive game considering CP3s injured handle.

The big challenge is on the defensive end and I think our approach was solid, but the Bucks just shot lights out.

One thing I noticed was the Bucks used their mega big lineup quite a bit. There should be a way to exploit that.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This is very winnable, but it will take a tremendous effort and a few breaks going our way.

Not sure what adjustments Monty can make. If you look at our side of the box score, it was a very solid offensive game considering CP3s injured handle.

The big challenge is on the defensive end and I think our approach was solid, but the Bucks just shot lights out.

One thing I noticed was the Bucks used their mega big lineup quite a bit. There should be a way to exploit that.
Have Booker guard Middleton, Mikal on Jrue and give CP3 some rest on Tucker. Other than that don't be afraid to be quick with the timeouts. We just can't allow the Bucks to go on any big runs.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Since we are smaller and dramatically less experienced, grabbing a W will take flawless execution for 48 minutes. That’s asking a lot of this team in the final stages of a grueling post season.

We got 2 wins… the first two games of the series. But, clearly, as this series has continued to grind on, being bigger and more experienced has surfaced in very important ways for the Bucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiwiCard