Suns @ Bucks Sunday game thread 3-6-2022

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can argue about Ayton rebounding better but where was everybody else?

Crowder had 5 which is about his average. The same with Craig with 4.

However, Bridges had 0 in extended minutes. This hurt the most.

Also McGee had 1 and Biyombo 3 in limited minutes, lower than what they should produce.

When Cam Johnson plays, he averages about 4.

THIS.

It’s such a lazy take to cry about Ayton’s rebounding in the game but Ayton (8) had as many as the other four starters combined (8)

But you have Chaplin saying if Ayton got a rebound or two more we win

WHERE THE HELL WAS EVERYBODY ELSE.

Bridges was flat out pathetic in this game and we got 10 pages going after a guy who had 30/8 and outplayed Giannis

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No you are wrong. DA is our best player given that our other guys are out. The scoring was great and was absolutely critical in us staying in it. But his rebounding is disastrous and was a contributor to the loss.

Yes, other guys should have rebounded also, but DA’s STRENGTH is rebounding and he’s been pathetic at it for some time now. He is getting outplayed by every opponent. How is that not concerning? If you think he’s this amazing and great superstar who is sacrificing his game for the betterment of the team, why hasn’t he shown that he’s up to the task? He’s not Devin Booker. 30 points for DA is fantastic but not normal. Getting 12 rebounds SHOULD be the normal for him and he isn’t doing it. The points are gravy and unexpected. The rebounds are expected.

30 points and 8 rebounds isn’t bad, what is bad is that he can do more and the eye test shows that he either can’t or doesn’t want to. Watch the games for chrissake! When he gets 30 points and only 8 rebounds and we LOSE, he’s in danger of producing empty stats.

Get just one or two offensive rebounds and we win this game. But he didn’t have the desire to do so.

“ Get just one or two offensive rebounds and we win this game. But he didn’t have the desire to do so.”

So you just said this loss is on Ayton cause he missed out on 2 rebounds

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have completely missed the point, but that's ok. I myself never said it's "on" Ayton. It contributed certainly. His lackadasical play was throughout each of these past few games. How is that not a concern? And it's not about "specifically" 12 or 16 or 20 rebounds. It's about the effort to get rebounds. He should have had more effort last night, no question. And that would have increased his rebounding total. It just would have.

“ I myself never said it's "on" Ayton.”

No that’s exactly what you said in the post right above I just quoted you.

If Ayton gets two more rebounds we win. That you, you said that

Member...I member

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
“ Get just one or two offensive rebounds and we win this game. But he didn’t have the desire to do so.”

So you just said this loss is on Ayton cause he missed out on 2 rebounds

If Bridges got 5 rebounds and scored 10 more points we would have won also. Feel better?

We’re talking about Ayton, and having just a little more aggression would have made a huge difference in The outcome of the game. Do you disagree?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
“ I myself never said it's "on" Ayton.”

No that’s exactly what you said in the post right above I just quoted you.

If Ayton gets two more rebounds we win. That you, you said that

Member...I member
Yes I absolutely said that. But since you can’t really comprehend what you read, it makes sense that you equate that as it’s the ONLY reason we lost.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes I absolutely said that. But since you can’t really comprehend what you read, it makes sense that you equate that as it’s the ONLY reason we lost.

Oh I understood it very much even quoted you but now your telling me what you said isn’t really what you meant. Lol

Well it’s not the only reason, but it’s the only reason you pointed and even went as far as to say if Ayton got two more rebounds we win

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Bridges got 5 rebounds and scored 10 more points we would have won also. Feel better?

We’re talking about Ayton, and having just a little more aggression would have made a huge difference in The outcome of the game. Do you disagree?

Ayton 30/8
Giannis 19/13

Payne 23/8
Holiday 24/9

Bridges 14/0
Middleton 44/8

Now you tell me who the Suns needed more out of. Looks like someone did hold up his end

But here we are with 10 pages about how Ayton cost us the game

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ayton 30/8
Giannis 19/13

Payne 23/8
Holiday 24/9

Bridges 14/0
Middleton 44/8

Now you tell me who the Suns needed more out of. Looks like someone did hold up his end

But here we are with 10 pages about how Ayton cost us the game
I'm not going to rehash the same argument simply because you either choose to not read the rest of the thread or simply don't understand it. See ya.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not going to rehash the same argument simply because you either choose to not read the rest of the thread or simply don't understand it. See ya.

Are you leaving the board again?

Bye

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, I'm leaving this interaction with you. You have a beef with me, be a man and send a PM.

How is it beef I literally just quoted you contradicting yourself

That’s not beef.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is what I’ve been trying to say. The entire team has fallen off a cliff rebounding, but people only look at Ayton

What’s going on. What’s the explanation for this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's called using what you have now out of Ayton and an available baseline. I can't use something he hasn't done yet. LOL. My expectations are not out of whack. The numbers being thrown around by others established that baseline not me. I was just correlating the types of players that come along with those numbers. I made it clear I wasn't saying he is even in their league.

It's nothing personal about him. There are very few players in NBA history that have become different players after year 4 in the NBA. It's an odds things more than anything. Usually by year 4 you have a pretty good indication of who that player will be. As I stated, it's very possible he will continue make some incremental improvements. He is young enough that he can still improve. I am just not expecting anything dramatic like him becoming the most dominate force down low in the NBA.
Ah yeah he ain’t becoming that. He’d need a brain transplant.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
THIS.

It’s such a lazy take to cry about Ayton’s rebounding in the game but Ayton (8) had as many as the other four starters combined (8)

But you have Chaplin saying if Ayton got a rebound or two more we win

WHERE THE HELL WAS EVERYBODY ELSE.

Bridges was flat out pathetic in this game and we got 10 pages going after a guy who had 30/8 and outplayed Giannis
No man, what’s lazy is arguing numbers when we are talking about what we actually saw. There were two instances where a rebound caromed right over a stationary Ayton to giannis where they scored second chance points. Ayton didn’t even try to box Giannis out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseyslayer