Suns @ Bucks Sunday Finals game thread 7-11-2021 - Game 3

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
If Foster had to be assigned a game in the Finals, this is the best possible one. I think that anyone expecting a Suns sweep was kidding themselves. A motivated and desperate Bucks team was likely going to win Game 3 anyway. The Suns just need to use that as motivation for Game 4, the way they did in the first half of Game 4 of the Clippers series.
My concern is injuries. Foster lets a lot of extra-curricular go.

Yuma

Working from home. Missing my free coffee!
Reaction score
The players just can't let themselves get wrapped up in who the ref is. We have shown multiple times in these playoffs that we can overcome the refs favoring the opponent. I would argue game 2 of this series is one of those games.

I'm not completely confident CP can look past it though considering in his presser before the finals he said he expects 0-12. Not a great mindset to have going into a game if you want to win. Hopefully he will be able to not let it get to his head.
I was at the game, and I don't know if it is the angles on the big screen in the stadium, but about half the fouls called on us looked like our guys didn't even touch the other player. We could have really gone off the rails on the refs, but our guys stayed focused!!

Yuma

Reaction score
The Bucks are good enough of a team to win at least one, and this was by far the most likely one for them to win, officiating or not. This isn't a Nuggets team missing Murray and Barton against a fully healthy Suns team. It's a fully healthy Bucks team against a Suns team missing Saric and with a hobbled Craig and CP3.
Just for sake of argument here, I am not so sure the Bucks are better than Denver. I think both LA teams were harder for us to beat. I am thinking this is like us playing Denver, who had an MVP big man. We seemed to figure that formula out as we played more games against them. I saw the Bucks completely change their defenses in two games and we scored 118 in each. The only thing I will say for the Bucks is no way that Middleton only scores 11 in a game again, unless he leaves early for injury. Also, Gianiss' leg looks worse after two games. Not sure how long he can keep giving it max effort like game two. I don't know how much they showed on the broadcast of how he was hobbling on that leg during time outs at the end of the game.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
E
Just for sake of argument here, I am not so sure the Bucks are better than Denver. I think both LA teams were harder for us to beat. I am thinking this is like us playing Denver, who had an MVP big man. We seemed to figure that formula out as we played more games against them. I saw the Bucks completely change their defenses in two games and we scored 118 in each. The only thing I will say for the Bucks is no way that Middleton only scores 11 in a game again, unless he leaves early for injury. Also, Gianiss' leg looks worse after two games. Not sure how long he can keep giving it max effort like game two. I don't know how much they showed on the broadcast of how he was hobbling on that leg during time outs at the end of the game.

Nah, they are better than Denver.

We have no ability to slow Giannis down. When Middleton gets hot he is an elite player. He is far far better than Denver had as a secondary scorer with Porter Jr. Holiday's D is also way better at slowing CP3 than anyone Denver had.

Yuma

Reaction score
E

Nah, they are better than Denver.

We have no ability to slow Giannis down. When Middleton gets hot he is an elite player. He is far far better than Denver had as a secondary scorer with Porter Jr. Holiday's D is also way better at slowing CP3 than anyone Denver had.
Watched an NBA segment where they showed Holiday picking up CP3 full court, and each time he did, CP3 left him in the dust and had an open shot or assist. They were saying that Holiday needs to NOT pick up CP3 full court. They also suggested he may be more effective on Booker than CP3, since CP3 seems to have figured him out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is the Suns mindset for Game 3.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic dated July 10th, 2021:

"For us, the biggest game of the year is tomorrow," Suns All-Star point guard Chris Paul said. "Tomorrow. It's a must-win game for us. We've got to come out with that mindset. Know that they're home, they're more comfortable, they will be in front of their fans, but we got to be us. We got to be us and we got to be the hungrier team, and so that's what we'll do."

------------------------------------------

"We're prepared for this moment," Suns forward Jae Crowder said. "I think all year, we've been talking about trying to come together on the road and get our road presence in a sense. I just feel like you just can't turn it on right now in this moment. You have to prepare yourself for this and I think we've done a great job of talking and preparing ourselves for moments like we're going to face the next few days. It's the Finals. You expect a tough crowd, especially when you're on the road. It's playing for it all, so we're prepared for it."

I love how the players are focused on this game. You'd never guess they were up 2-0 based on how everyone is talking about it. It really sounds like they're not just down but facing elimination. Credit to Monty and his crew.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I was at the game, and I don't know if it is the angles on the big screen in the stadium, but about half the fouls called on us looked like our guys didn't even touch the other player. We could have really gone off the rails on the refs, but our guys stayed focused!!
Yes, but it could be different with Foster because there is a past there. So it could very easily go straight to the refs are trying to screw us after a couple bad calls.

Yuma

Reaction score
Saw on yesterday's media availability day, the Suns training staff worked with Jae Crowder on setting up caterers for the Suns. Jae said they will not be seen going out. The players all plan to be locked in the hotel and focusing on these two games. Crowder said they are treating as 0-0 series.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about Foster. He typically calls slightly more fouls than the average ref and while he and Paul have history, the list of players that feel the same way about him is quite lengthy. He's often named as the most disliked referee in the game but he tends to grade out at or near the top by the NBA. CP3 and Booker just need to not push the guy's buttons.
Good points but players shouldn't be able to influence a referee to make calls against them. That's a referee flaw.

offset

i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Chase Field to host Suns Game 4 watch party.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Anyone know why they aren’t doing it at the Arena? Chase seems like an awful place to watch the game.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good points but players shouldn't be able to influence a referee to make calls against them. That's a referee flaw.

It's called being a professional by taking pride in doing a job right without letting personal feelings get in the way. If someone can't do this, they have the wrong occupation.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was thinking before Game 2 that we were due for a good Book shooting game and a breakout Bridges game.

today I’m thinking Cam Payne is due for a game where he makes an impact off the bench.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiwiCard