Suns @ 76ers Wednesday game thread 4-21-2021

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
Monty HAS to give minutes to Frank at this point, right? Saric is the biggest liability on the team now, especially defensively. Give credit to the Sixers for making it much closer than it should have been in the last minute. Two tough threes and then that heave at the end that still gives me chills! :eek:

Frank, Gallo and Moore havent seen time in a while.

Sixers blew by Saric last night on a few plays due to defensive mixups with Bridges and the help defense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Near the end of the game I loved seeing Paul gather everybody, particularly Carter who was kind of meandering aimlessly after having blown an assignment and huddling them up and speaking to them emotionally. I’d love to know what he was saying.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we play really physically in the paint but not up top like the sixers, bucks, and clippers do.

It's so refreshing to hear something like this after all these years. I can't remember when I have ever heard this said about the Suns. Yes, there are times in the game where they clamp down inside and come out of there after stripping the ball loose.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
that one was the most insulting classic opposing player hits a playoff 3 to win or tie a playoff game against us.

I mean... We could understand the Paxson, loathe the Elie, but the Duncan?! That just felt like God was being downright cruel.

Heartbreaker but it wouldn’t have mattered. Our defense was so bad with Shaq and Amare that San Antonio got whatever they wanted.

phillycard

Registered
Reaction score
Props on the win last night gang. Tough with no Simmons and Toby, but thems the breaks. We certainly had a chance, but couldn't get key stops. I bow down. Good luck the rest of the way!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Props on the win last night gang. Tough with no Simmons and Toby, but thems the breaks. We certainly had a chance, but couldn't get key stops. I bow down. Good luck the rest of the way!
To be fair if those guys played then Booker likely has a much better game because Thybulle wouldn't be starting. Game would have looked quite a bit different, but the Suns may still have won.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

in a year where so many guys are out and pretty much one player turned a team around from an under .500 club to the second best record in the league, the CP3 4 MVP thing has definitely picked up steam.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's the W that counts.
Primarily, yes. But let’s say Paul wasn’t able to carry them, Ayton’s inability to counter is a shortcoming of the team. His lame play tonight was evidence of that. Also, though we absolutely earned that win on the road against a top team, if we were at equal strength Ayton getting outdueled to that extent would likely have been our undoing. Mind you I italicized that phrase for a reason. I don’t expect Ayton to match embiid’s numbers. But to be outscored by 28 and outrebounded by 12 at the center position (actually it was a lot worse if you factor in Dario and Howard) is an enormous deficit to make up elsewhere.