Suns @ 76ers Wednesday game thread 4-21-2021

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I watched it a few times and just couldn't tell for sure and someone on NBA TV (can't remember if it was the Philly broadcast crew or the NBA TV guys just after the game) also wondered the same thing. Did you see something official or semi-official on it or are you offering your opinion?

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol I've watched that missed 3 embid like 20 times almost a hailembid lol he is an incredible player fun to watch

If he was healthy and available every night he'd be the best player in the league, the guy is incredible. I just wish he had to play the game by the same rules as the rest of the league. He travels and commits fouls regularly and rarely gets called for either.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
If he was healthy and available every night he'd be the best player in the league, the guy is incredible. I just wish he had to play the game by the same rules as the rest of the league. He travels and commits fouls regularly and rarely gets called for either.
I feel the same way. He also lives at the line because he flops on a regular basis.

However, in an attempt to be objective, I noticed that the refs have been giving the Suns more favor in games. Particularly on the defensive end. I've noticed it mostly with swats that come down on the ball. Any other year if we swipe at the ball we get called. However, at this point of the year they are giving us a lot more love on those calls. I saw it about 5 times tonight. The only one I remember getting called was Crowder on Embid.

It would seem that the league has embraced the Suns as a defensive team and so they get away with a lot more questionable calls than earlier this season. This bodes well for us if it carries over to the playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah he’s a beast but he gets away with a TON. He’s also the most skilled and physically gifted player I’ve ever seen that size who spends so much time on the floor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thoughts:

danny green is the complainiest b***h in the league.

book had an awful game - AWFUL game - until those last three shots. And that last one was pure butter.

big game from bridges. But he’s got to drop that WIDE OPEN dagger corner three that he bricked.

saric - yeesh. I don’t get how we are surviving without another effective big. Kudos to all our wings for doing yeoman work on dudes much bigger than them.

Carter dropped some big bombs tonight.

Paul was just filthy all night.

hope crowder is okay. Need Nader back if crowder out for a while now.

craig big on boards.

nice solid game by cam Johnson.

until the end of the game Ayton was making embiid work offensively. But at the end embiid just took over. I liked Ayton’s effort but when he gets outperformed 38/17 to 10/5 it makes it a real uphill battle for us. He was soft on the offensive end. Gotta make embiid work on that end of the court instead of being able to conserve energy. And please, I don’t want to see another game where Ayton gets swatted twice by guards.

but again we’ve walked away from a big game with a W. That’s the bucks and sixers on back to back games. Suns are smoking.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Monty HAS to give minutes to Frank at this point, right? Saric is the biggest liability on the team now, especially defensively. Give credit to the Sixers for making it much closer than it should have been in the last minute. Two tough threes and then that heave at the end that still gives me chills! :eek:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I watched it a few times and just couldn't tell for sure and someone on NBA TV (can't remember if it was the Philly broadcast crew or the NBA TV guys just after the game) also wondered the same thing. Did you see something official or semi-official on it or are you offering your opinion?
It was out if his hands with .1 left on the clock and the light on the backboard was still off. Watched it in .25 speed here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

that one was the most insulting classic opposing player hits a playoff 3 to win or tie a playoff game against us.

I mean... We could understand the Paxson, loathe the Elie, but the Duncan?! That just felt like God was being downright cruel.