Summer 2013 Soccer transfer window...

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Bayern to sign Thiago from Barca for 25M$.

Martinez is likely to drop back to CB.

_________________Goetze______________
Ribery_____Thiago________Kroos____Mueller
_______________Schweinsteiger__________
Alaba_____Dante_______Martinez____Lahm
________________Neuer

Guardiola will shuffle lineups and rotate a lot as Goetze, Mueller, Thiago etc are all very versatile.

First rotation players Robben, Shaqiri, Gustavo, Boateng, Mandzukic

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Finally, Newcastle got Remy across the line on a season-long loan, with a club option of buying him at season's end. We desperately needed strike help, and now we have some.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...s/newcastle-united-complete-loic-remy-5587106

I'd still like the club to bring in Gomis, which is in the cards still.

About time you did something. Typical dodgy character for the skunks though.

Decent player mind but what's happening with that rape charge?

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Arsenal fans every transfer window:

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
About time you did something. Typical dodgy character for the skunks though.

Decent player mind but what's happening with that rape charge?

Hasn't been mention of it since last season.

I mean, I have to be a little easy on the Mags over their lack of signings this summer. They made a lot of panic buys in the winter that were players they were going in for this summer--Sissokho, Haidara, Mbiwa, Gouffran--so less is more isn't a terrible choice. I'd still like to see a central defender and a winger. We're said to be in for Ince, and still in for Gomis, but we'll see.

Arsenal fans every transfer window:

You must be registered for see images attach

Mignolet was a good buy.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Needs friggin' dry heaving.

They've supposedly got millions to spend but Wenger won't spend it. I'm at the point that if we don't get Suarez or Rooney, I WANT them to not finish top 4. Get the board to not accept mediocrity.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Needs friggin' dry heaving.

They've supposedly got millions to spend but Wenger won't spend it. I'm at the point that if we don't get Suarez or Rooney, I WANT them to not finish top 4. Get the board to not accept mediocrity.

At the beginning of the summer they were making a lot of noise about how they have the resources now and they were going to use them. We've signed one player and he was a free agent. Something like 25 players (youth and senior) have been sold or released. That's a lot of wages gotten rid of and yet no one has come in.

It's not even just Rooney or Suarez either. Everyone's focused on getting a striker but there's plenty of other needs. We basically only have 3 CBs with Kos, Per and Vermaelen. Midfield is a worry with Wilshere injury prone and Arteta getting older. Ramsey seems to be the fill in for both and I don't think he's good enough to start that many games. We have 3-4 big needs and none have been filled with only 11 days before the start of the season.

I don't think Rooney is coming. If he goes anywhere I think Chelsea will get him. Suarez seems to be our only option and isn't he suspended for the first 6 games of the season?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the beginning of the summer they were making a lot of noise about how they have the resources now and they were going to use them. We've signed one player and he was a free agent. Something like 25 players (youth and senior) have been sold or released. That's a lot of wages gotten rid of and yet no one has come in.

It's not even just Rooney or Suarez either. Everyone's focused on getting a striker but there's plenty of other needs. We basically only have 3 CBs with Kos, Per and Vermaelen. Midfield is a worry with Wilshere injury prone and Arteta getting older. Ramsey seems to be the fill in for both and I don't think he's good enough to start that many games. We have 3-4 big needs and none have been filled with only 11 days before the start of the season.

I don't think Rooney is coming. If he goes anywhere I think Chelsea will get him. Suarez seems to be our only option and isn't he suspended for the first 6 games of the season?

He is suspended for the first 6 games. I think they biggest holes are in the defensive midfielders for Aresnal. I don't like Wilshire or Arteta in that role.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He is suspended for the first 6 games. I think they biggest holes are in the defensive midfielders for Aresnal. I don't like Wilshire or Arteta in that role.

I think Arteta can handle it, but not Wilshire, he's more of an Iniesta/Fabregas player, a creator/scorer.

Word is that Suarez is demanding a transfer to Arsenal now. We'll see if anything comes of it.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Suarez not looking very likely now either:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23627573

"We are not going to sell Luis," Henry told various newspapers. "It's very important [not to sell to a rival], but especially for Liverpool because we're not in Europe this year."
"He won't be sold even if a foreign club comes in because we do not have time to sign a suitable replacement," he said.
"It's not about finances. So late in the window... we can't replace him. So for football reasons we can't sell, and especially to Arsenal."

Money changes a lot of things so I still don't think it's impossible. However, even if we upped our bid, it would be pretty difficult for their owner to sell him to Arsenal after making those statements.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I don't understant Suarez why he would want to go to Arsenal, the step up from Liverpool is marginal as Arsenal won't win anything anytime soon either they will have to fight very hard to qualify for the CL in the future, I see Tottenham getting ahead of them and United, City and Chelsea are already way ahead of them.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I don't understant Suarez why he would want to go to Arsenal, the step up from Liverpool is marginal as Arsenal won't win anything anytime soon either they will have to fight very hard to qualify for the CL in the future, I see Tottenham getting ahead of them and United, City and Chelsea are already way ahead of them.

Liverpool have finished 7th, 6th, 8th & 7th the past 4 seasons. Arsenal haven't finished lower than 4th since 1996. That may change next year, but this season we can offer CL football and no other big teams seem to be after him. Where else is he going to go?

Stout

Reaction score
Liverpool have finished 7th, 6th, 8th & 7th the past 4 seasons. Arsenal haven't finished lower than 4th since 1996. That may change next year, but this season we can offer CL football and no other big teams seem to be after him. Where else is he going to go?

This.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
and no other big teams seem to be after him. Where else is he going to go?

Arsenal is not a big team, they are clearly below the likes of Bayern, Barca, Real, PSG, United, Chelsea and City. To be honest would argue that Dortmund and Juventus are bigger teams than them too and Tottenham is on the verge of overtaking them and Monaco might with their oil millions.

Point is Arsenal has maybe 1% chance to win a title, not really more than Liverpool so what is the point of forcing a transfer to them.

Stout

Reaction score
Arsenal is not a big team, they are clearly below the likes of Bayern, Barca, Real, PSG, United, Chelsea and City. To be honest would argue that Dortmund and Juventus are bigger teams than them too and Tottenham is on the verge of overtaking them and Monaco might with their oil millions.

Point is Arsenal has maybe 1% chance to win a title, not really more than Liverpool so what is the point of forcing a transfer to them.

Wow, are you nuts. So there are only 8-10 big teams in Europe? Delusional much? Arsenal may not be as big a club as the ones listed, but it does not mean they aren't a big club. They've been in the CL for how many years in a row? Liverpool have been struggling mightily, in contrast. A move to Arsenal makes a lot of sense, especially given the other big teams aren't interested. Maybe Arsenal has a small chance of winning the CL, but they get to play in it, whereas Liverpool do not. So, that would be the point in forcing a transfer to them.

And remember, I don't like Arsenal, so mine's an unbiased opinion.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow, are you nuts. So there are only 8-10 big teams in Europe? Delusional much? Arsenal may not be as big a club as the ones listed, but it does not mean they aren't a big club. They've been in the CL for how many years in a row? Liverpool have been struggling mightily, in contrast. A move to Arsenal makes a lot of sense, especially given the other big teams aren't interested. Maybe Arsenal has a small chance of winning the CL, but they get to play in it, whereas Liverpool do not. So, that would be the point in forcing a transfer to them.

And remember, I don't like Arsenal, so mine's an unbiased opinion.

Slinslin is so anti-anything other than Germany, it's easier to just ignore him on anything soccer-related.

Liverpool to me is acting pretty stupid. They need the money, they have a fractured relationship with the player, and they need the fans to believe in the team again. Keeping Luis Suarez smacks of same old, same old, for them because they can't afford any other significant upgrades. Sell Suarez, and they can.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slinslin is so anti-anything other than Germany, it's easier to just ignore him on anything soccer-related.

Liverpool to me is acting pretty stupid. They need the money, they have a fractured relationship with the player, and they need the fans to believe in the team again. Keeping Luis Suarez smacks of same old, same old, for them because they can't afford any other significant upgrades. Sell Suarez, and they can.
I cannot believe I am equal parts "ya, sure, sign Suarez" and "heck no, that guy is a ******."

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see why he wants to play CL football, especially if it is written in his contract that he can change if they don't get it.

Liverpool is so much better with Suarez than without that it would make no sense to sell him. Rodgers and Liverpool need Suarez. For all of his off field antics, he is great to watch.

Suarez should just get his mind right. If he were an NFL'er, he'd be T.O.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Luis Suarez will be staying at Liverpool and may even extend his Kop contract - according to reports in his homeland.

Martin Chaquero, a high-profile journalist with GolTV Latin America has claimed that the striker told him personally that he will not be leaving Anfield.

Chaquero tweeted: "Luis Suarez confirms to me that he will not leave Liverpool. The support of the fans in recent weeks influenced his decision.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-transfer-stay-liverpool-2163435

"Support of fans" :rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave