DCU: Suicide Squad

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're betting, eh? Didn't you learn your lesson last time? :D

I'd be mighty surprised if it passes $700mill. It dropped 40% on its second day; that's worse than BvS - not even remotely close to Deadpool 10% or Civil War 19% - and the characters aren't nearly as popular with the general public. Notoriety is what BvS had going for it.

It's like a lead brick.

Maybe. It held up very well during the week against all the others, but definitely dropped like a rock this weekend.

Still think it scratches or gets close to 300 million domestic which is still impressive considering it's mostly made up of characters the general public doesn't have a clue about save the Joker.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game set and match! Marvel you win.

I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said...

Cutting room floor or not the Joker just wasn't. Really made me appreciate Ledger's performance. Watching Leto as Joker was a like a bad roller coaster. There were a couple of spots that I thought he nailed, but the rest of it was.... blah. Complete waste of a character.

The individual characters had their moments, but as a group it just didn't seem to work.

Thank gawd Robbie was in fish nets and skimpy shorts.

If DC doesn't hit it out of the park with WW, they might as well just reboot everything.

Yep. I saw this with my daughter on Sunday. She really wanted to see it because all of her friends did. I wasn't that interested in seeing it as DC Comics sucks for the most part at translating their movies to the big screen(aside from The Dark Knight). I think DC Comics fails at making their movies fun. They take themselves way to seriously and forget that their movies are based off of simple comic books.

Suicide Squad tries to be a fun movie. However the plot was just incredibly stupid, as were several of the characters. For me the Joker was a mess. They should have just cut him out entirely instead of leaving just fragments of what was originally filmed. He became a random distraction.

Could have been a really good movie but again it fell kind of flat for me with a stupid story line and jokes that for me fell flat. Marvel just has that magic sauce and knows how to deliver a fun movie. DC Comics just continually trips over their own feet.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's on pace right now with Deadpool and has had bigger tues/wed/thurs then any Civil War/Deadpool/Bats v. Supes. It'll end up 300 million at least domestic, and i'm betting tops out at 7-800 worldwide. Have to believe that more then breaks even especially when ancillary markets haven't even started coming in. As bad as this movie is, it's making a ton of moolah.

Yep never underestimate the power of the younger teen viewers to keep a bad movie afloat. My daughter "just had to see this movie" because all of her friends in Jr High said it was "so good".

After the movie she said it was one of her top 3 favorite movies. Most likely because the other kids as school said so. Then again I used to think that Commando was the greatest movie of all time when I was her age. LOL

So I let her enjoy her movie and didn't burst her bubble.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yep never underestimate the power of the younger teen viewers to keep a bad movie afloat. My daughter "just had to see this movie" because all of her friends in Jr High said it was "so good".

After the movie she said it was one of her top 3 favorite movies. Most likely because the other kids as school said so. Then again I used to think that Commando was the greatest movie of all time when I was her age. LOL

I hope you still hold that opinion, or I will make you 'let off some steam' :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Commando was awesome I mean, where else do you see a man carry a whole tree down a mountain?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
love Commando... that was during my bodybuilding days and I worked out with Arnold right after he filmed that one...I took a date to see that one,...she rubs up on my arm and says "I am the luckiest girl in this place"..."why's that?" I ask...

"because I am the only girl here with a guy whose body is better than his" she says...as she points to Arnold...

my head damn near popped it swelled so much, lol...

always love watching commando
but it kinda makes me sad now.... thirty years of a broken back really changes the nature of your physical self.....

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
love Commando... that was during my bodybuilding days and I worked out with Arnold right after he filmed that one...I took a date to see that one,...she rubs up on my arm and says "I am the luckiest girl in this place"..."why's that?" I ask...

"because I am the only girl here with a guy whose body is better than his" she says...as she points to Arnold...

my head damn near popped it swelled so much, lol...

always love watching commando
but it kinda makes me sad now.... thirty years of a broken back really changes the nature of your physical self.....

Damn dude, that's an awesome story! Even when I was in peak condition, I was never built like that. Granted, I wasn't working with weights in basic training, but I don't think I'd ever have been built like that.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Damn dude, that's an awesome story! Even when I was in peak condition, I was never built like that. Granted, I wasn't working with weights in basic training, but I don't think I'd ever have been built like that.
I was a beast back then stout. 6'2" and 270 lbs.... 3.5% body fat... 26 1/2" biceps with a 58" chest and a 34" waist...thighs were 36"...lol... had one hell of a time finding jeans that fit, lol...always had to buy them too big in the waist so they would fit over my thighs.....used to go to the gym wearing medium sweat pants with xxl sweat shirt and I looked like I was in tights, lol..... losing all that hurt for a long time... but now I am like Buddha...just fat and happy, lol.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was a beast back then stout. 6'2" and 270 lbs.... 3.5% body fat... 26 1/2" biceps with a 58" chest and a 34" waist...thighs were 36"...lol... had one hell of a time finding jeans that fit, lol...always had to buy them too big in the waist so they would fit over my thighs.....used to go to the gym wearing medium sweat pants with xxl sweat shirt and I looked like I was in tights, lol..... losing all that hurt for a long time... but now I am like Buddha...just fat and happy, lol.

Pics of the Arnold killer?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I really liked it.

Also, still waiting on the Arnold killer pics from @oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I really liked it.

Also, still waiting on the Arnold killer pics from @oaken1

Due to many mishaps over the years along with my habit of being the one holding the camera there are not too many available. My momma has a few but she is not willing to give them up...doesn't like anyone peeling things out of her photo albums....pretty sure I will inherit them when the time comes but hoping that is another 20 years or so away honestly.
my son used to give me poo because to him dad has always been a middle aged fat man, lol...we went to live back in cali for his last few years of high school and one day my mom was taking him through the family photos...I was making a sandwich and I hear him ask her,.."******** gramma, who is that fuggin gorilla?"... she laughs at him..."That's your dad".... " NO poo!?? Holy crap!" "hey pop,...you need to start going back to the gym" Now I always get the jokes about trading in my 8 pack for a keg,lol.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

Lol, 26 1/2 biceps? Arnold claimed his were 22 pumped but really were around 20 depending who you ask. There are some freaks with synthol filled arms that measure over 24+ but rarely anyone natural (no synthol). Especially at a very low BFP.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Lol, 26 1/2 biceps? Arnold claimed his were 22 pumped but really were around 20 depending who you ask. There are some freaks with synthol filled arms that measure over 24+ but rarely anyone natural (no synthol). Especially at a very low BFP.
you can call ******** if you like. People been doing it for thirty years or so...hell, my own son did it for years....I know its hard to see... but the biceps are 22" right there in my avatar pic...albeit with a much higher body fat percentage

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Yep. I saw this with my daughter on Sunday. She really wanted to see it because all of her friends did. I wasn't that interested in seeing it as DC Comics sucks for the most part at translating their movies to the big screen(aside from The Dark Knight). I think DC Comics fails at making their movies fun. They take themselves way to seriously and forget that their movies are based off of simple comic books.

Suicide Squad tries to be a fun movie. However the plot was just incredibly stupid, as were several of the characters. For me the Joker was a mess. They should have just cut him out entirely instead of leaving just fragments of what was originally filmed. He became a random distraction.

Could have been a really good movie but again it fell kind of flat for me with a stupid story line and jokes that for me fell flat. Marvel just has that magic sauce and knows how to deliver a fun movie. DC Comics just continually trips over their own feet.

I couldn't agree more. I liked the introductions, but the plot was stupid. And yes, they should have just left out Joker. What a waste of a fantastic character.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose