DCU: Suicide Squad

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
best part of the trailer

It was so obviously setup for that shot. As if she couldn't just put a foot in the already broken window and just grab it. LOL.

Not complaining though. Best "window shopping" I have seen in some time.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That girl needs a spanking....think she'd let me give her a spanking??.....please............

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These trailers keep getting better.

yeah... the trailers and the fact that it's not Snyder involved give me hope. All of these trailers have been better then any marketing released before Bats v. Supes.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
yeah... the trailers and the fact that it's not Snyder involved give me hope. All of these trailers have been better then any marketing released before Bats v. Supes.

True. My buddy thinks this trailer was way worse, and pointed out how blatantly it copied the Guardians of the Galaxy old pop song play-over. I told him that yes, the ripoff was silly, and yes, stories about the re-shoots are worrisome, BUT...if I were just watching this latest trailer without any knowledge beforehand of what's going on, it would look like a fun movie. I'm giving it a chance, to see where it can go.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
True. My buddy thinks this trailer was way worse, and pointed out how blatantly it copied the Guardians of the Galaxy old pop song play-over. I told him that yes, the ripoff was silly, and yes, stories about the re-shoots are worrisome, BUT...if I were just watching this latest trailer without any knowledge beforehand of what's going on, it would look like a fun movie. I'm giving it a chance, to see where it can go.

Right. Trailers are nothing more than marketing tools. They are trying to paint a specific picture. Ultimately trailers can be deceiving. I don't recall how many times I have seen trailers that didn't do a movie justice or the opposite looked awesome and the movie was crap.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, out of curiosity. Who is going to see this despite all the bad reviews?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Seeing it tomorrow afternoon. The last movie the wife and I will see as a childless couple :)
holy poo!! Congrats!!

now for the next five to ten years you will be limited to Disney animations.....

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suicide Squad

Release date: August 5, 2016 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: David Ayer
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of violence and action throughout, disturbing behavior, suggestive content and language)
Screenwriter: David Ayer
Genre: Action, Adventure

Starring: Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Jay Hernandez, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Ike Barinholtz, Scott Eastwood, Cara Delevingne, Adam Beach, Karen Fukuhara

Plot Summary: It feels good to be bad… Assemble a team of the world’s most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government’s disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren’t picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it’s every man for himself?

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suicide Squad Fans Want to Shut Down Rotten Tomatoes Over Bad Reviews

http://time.com/4436621/suicide-squad-fans-rotten-tomatoes-petition/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

Following a slew of negative Suicide Squad reviews from critics, DC Comics fans have launched a petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes — an aggregate site on which the film currently has an approval rating of 33 percent. With stars such as Will Smith (Deadshot), Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn) and Jared Leto (The Joker), David Ayer’s antihero flick is one of the most highly-anticipated movies of the summer.

The Change.org petition — which has been signed by more than 11,000 people to date — argues that critics don’t give DC Comics films their just dues, ruining them for viewers before they are even released. “Critics always give The DC Extended Universe movies unjust Bad Reviews… and that Affects people’s opinion,” the petition’s creator wrote.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to love it and I really enjoyed about 75% of it, but the ending fell flat and the main villains felt over the top, Syfy channel cheesy. Deadshot and Harley Quinn were the standout characters to me and saved it from being terrible. .

Also, my date mentioned afterwards if felt way too similar to the original Ghostbusters ending and I have to agree. I still have high hopes for Wonder Woman and the Aflecks Batman, but I have zero hope for Justice League at this point. All in all, I give it a 3 out of 5.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Suicide Squad Fans Want to Shut Down Rotten Tomatoes Over Bad Reviews

http://time.com/4436621/suicide-squad-fans-rotten-tomatoes-petition/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

Following a slew of negative Suicide Squad reviews from critics, DC Comics fans have launched a petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes — an aggregate site on which the film currently has an approval rating of 33 percent. With stars such as Will Smith (Deadshot), Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn) and Jared Leto (The Joker), David Ayer’s antihero flick is one of the most highly-anticipated movies of the summer.

The Change.org petition — which has been signed by more than 11,000 people to date — argues that critics don’t give DC Comics films their just dues, ruining them for viewers before they are even released. “Critics always give The DC Extended Universe movies unjust Bad Reviews… and that Affects people’s opinion,” the petition’s creator wrote.
What the...? Rotten Tomatoes is an aggregating site. Quite possibly the stupidest change.org petition ever.

And I bet a majority of those 11,000 people have yet to see the movie.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
watched it today with the fam...did a double feature, SS first, followed by Star Trek...

this one was okay...I liked the rapid fire back stories on the characters..... but it really was kinda slow and the buildup to the climax was poor.....I agree that deadshot and Harley Quinn saved this one from being a total flop...Letos joker grew on me a bit, one scene was really good...

I have to admit though...I am becoming quite infatuated with Ms Robbie.....damn...just,...damn..

this is a movie I will most likely see several times...it didn't suck, just didn't reach anywhere near it's possibilities.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson