DCU: Suicide Squad

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word is that the picture is NOT the final version of the Joker. It was done for publicity reasons for the comics -- some kind of anniversary or something.

I hope so because that is gawd awful. He looks like some guy you would see in a mosh pit and an underground club. I think he is a great actor but he can't act his way out of a terrible look.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word is that the picture is NOT the final version of the Joker. It was done for publicity reasons for the comics -- some kind of anniversary or something.

I hope so because that is god awful. He looks like some guy you would see in a mosh pit and an underground club. I think he is a great actor but he can't act his way out of a terrible look.

It would have been so much better for example had it looked like he did the tats himself (for example making the one on his forehead backwards as if looking through a mirror). I don't know....I just can't get passed how crappy this is.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope so because that is god awful. He looks like some guy you would see in a mosh pit and an underground club. I think he is a great actor but he can't act his way out of a terrible look.

It would have been so much better for example had it looked like he did the tats himself (for example making the one on his forehead backwards as if looking through a mirror). I don't know....I just can't get passed how crappy this is.

I think he looks like a sick, twisted, criminal individual. seems fitting. I dont seem to detest it as much as others.

but if all the tats were like he did them himself, he would appear even more twisted and I would be for it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he looks like a sick, twisted, criminal individual. seems fitting. I dont seem to detest it as much as others.

but if all the tats were like he did them himself, he would appear even more twisted and I would be for it.

i don't think the look is great, but i don't hate it... except for the Damaged tat on his forehead. I mean, even for a guy who basically dresses up as a homicidal clown, that's got all the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't think the look is great, but i don't hate it... except for the Damaged tat on his forehead. I mean, even for a guy who basically dresses up as a homicidal clown, that's got all the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Yeah that by far is the worst one. That's why I thought it would have been more fun had you imagined him doing it himself as he stared into a mirror in a crazed state. It being backwards would have made it much better for me. Although I prefer nothing be there.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will The Joker Actually Have Tattoos In Suicide Squad?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Joker-Actually-Have-Tattoos-Suicide-Squad-71117.html

When Jared Leto's look as The Joker in Suicide Squad was revealed last week, there was one element in particular that caused a bit of backlash: the tattoos. While the green hair and pale skin is on point, many have been negatively vocal about the ink that the character is sporting, from the design on his stomach to the word "damaged" on his forehead. As it turns out, however, the more critical fans may have nothing to worry about, as there is now some suggestion floating around that the tattoos won't actually be part of The Joker's new design.

There hasn't been any official word on this matter, but some sources have been suggesting that the body art featured in the first image of Jared Leto's Joker was simply there to celebrate the character's 75th anniversary. The suggestion first popped up from Indie Revolver, which posted on Twitter that the tattoos featured in the image were merely for a promo shoot:

https://twitter.com/IndieRevolver/status/592679525215010818

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Update:

Common is going to be the Tattooed Man.

Suicide Squad May Feature Common As This Green Lantern Villain

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Suicide-Squad-May-Feature-Common-Green-Lantern-Villain-71959.html

When Common was announced as being a part of the cast of David Ayer's Suicide Squad a couple months ago, a rumor began swirling around identifying him as playing the famed Aquaman villain known as Black Manta. Now that the character has been spotted on the set of the blockbuster, however, it appears as though those reports were false, and that he will actually be playing a completely different villain: Abel Tarrant a.k.a. The Tattooed Man.

Set photos from Suicide Squad popped up over at Just Jared, showing off Common's ink-covered look for the new movie. There hasn't been any official confirmation that he is indeed playing The Tattooed Man, though there are definitely big clues to suggest that the most recent speculation is correct. Part of it is the fact that the character from the comics has been associated with the titular team in the past, and the other part of it is that Common was spotted with a tattoo of a big snake on his head - which is Tarrant's most notable piece of body art:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched this when it leaked. Definitely has my interest peaked.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, they're definitely moving in a different direction, that's for sure. And they pretty much had to after Ledger's iconic performance.

Agreed. If you listen to Jared's interviews as of late he knew it too. He says is so many words it had to be a different take.

I just want the character to resemble Joker and not same psycho who happens to look like him. I think it's unfair to expect him to do better than the last two guys. Just make it your own and make it resemble the character so many fans love.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see this so much more than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Margot Robbie... Yay.

I mean I want to see this for other reasons too, I just cant remember what they are.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually liked the tone of the teaser better for some reason. This trailer although fun appears to make the movie to be an all out action movie from start to finish.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
man, am I not buying Leto's joker.

It's going to be tough. If he comes off like a psycho who just happens to look somewhat like the Joker......it's going to suck. If he leans more towards the comics darker depictions of the character? He might just nail it.

Honestly, it's one of the main reasons I want to see this even though from what I understand he is not going to be a mainly featured character. It matters because if you want to use him in other films that's who we are going to get.