Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Warner Bros. Courting Ryan Gosling, Will Smith, Tom Hardy, and Margot Robbie for Suicide Squad

http://collider.com/suicide-squad-will-smith-ryan-gosling/

The superhero news just keeps on coming today. Earlier this morning, Warner Bros. unveiled its full slate of DC Comics adaptations through the year 2020. One of the more surprising revelations was that the superhero pic set to follow the release of the sure-to-be-massive Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will be Suicide Squad, with Fury and End of Watch helmer David Ayer set to direct. That release date is set for August 5, 2016, and so as Ayer gets to work on the script, the studio is starting to think about casting—and boy are they aiming high. The actors that are reportedly being courted to lead this new DC film are Ryan Gosling, Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Tom Hardy.

2. Brian in Mesa

3. Stout

Stout Hold onto the ball, Murray!

Will it be the Judean People's Front Suicide Squad? :D

4. Brian in Mesa

5. Brian in Mesa

6. Brian in Mesa

It's Official: 'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie and More

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/official-suicide-squad-star-will-753470

-------------

Breaking: Suicide Squad Cast Confirmed!

http://schmoesknow.com/breaking-suicide-squad-cast-confirmed/32018/

According to a new report by The Hollywod Reporter, actors Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Cara Delevingne, Jai Courtney, Margot Robbie, and Jared Leto have all officially been cast in the film! Smith will be playing the character Deadshot, Hardy will be the group leader Rick Flagg, Courtney will play Captain Boomerang, Cara Delevingne will play Enchantress and Jared Leto and Margot Robbie will be playing the craziest couple in comics, The Joker and Harley Quinn!

7. BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage Registered

I think Leto will actually do good as the Joker. Just my .02

8. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I REALLY don't get Hollywood's love affair with Jai Courtney. Feels like they're trying to ram him down people's throats the same way they did with that corpse otherwise known as Sam Worthington a couple years.

both of them are just dull-flat faces.

9. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

I will likely see this in the theater as I remember reading the comic back when I collected comics but I have to ask...

Are enough people familiar with Suicide Squad to make this a success? Aside from the Joker, who will the casual moviegoer even know on this team?

I am not much of a DC fan (aside from Batman), never was, but a movie for this team is really reaching IMO

10. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

I didnt even know what it was, just had to look it up. I know harley quinn and jokers daughter but that is it.

11. Brian in Mesa

That was what many people said about Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy also...

:grabs:

12. Brian in Mesa

Tom Hardy drops out of ‘Suicide Squad’, Jake Gyllenhaal could replace him

http://batman-news.com/2015/01/15/tom-hardy-drops-suicide-squad-jake-gyllenhaal-replace/

Tom Hardy has dropped out of Suicide Squad, according to The Hollywood Reporter. According to their sources, the reason for his abrupt exit is due to scheduling.

Last December, Warner Bros. announced that Hardy would play Rick Flagg in Suicide Squad. According to The Wrap, Jake Gyllenhaal is being looked at as a replacement.

13. Brian in Mesa

EXCLUSIVE: The Real Reason For Tom Hardy's Exit From 'Suicide Squad'

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-the-real-reason-for-tom-hardys-exit-from-suicide-squad

Heavy hitters Will Smith and Jared Leto joined respected Tom Hardy, Margo Robbie and simply-present Jai Courtney. At the time these actors signed on, they were NOT given a script for Suicide Squad.

Now, we've learned why Tom Hardy has dropped out of the project. According to sources, He simply didn't like the script he was finally given, he didn't like the drastic change to the character. Like we figured, the scheduling conflict is a cover story, so he left the project under amicable terms.

14. FArting

FArting Lopes Up!

15. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Subtle.