Stupidest announcer gaff I've ever heard

Reaction score
OK, we've all heard the occasional screwup by an announcer when they accidently say the wrong city for a team or something of that nature (like Baltimore Colts or LA Raiders). But Chris Myers, during our game yesterday, screwed up worse that I've ever seen, and didn't even correct it!

I think it was in the first quarter. They bring up the graphic for the early game scores, and the first game is Seattle-St.Louis. Chris begins the rundown by saying "The Cardinals beat the Seahawks......"!

Yes, during a Cardinal game he was announcing, he referred to St. Louis in an earlier game as the Cardinals! Did anyone else see this? Our bottom-of-the-barrel announcers we always get have hit an all time low.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also stated once during the broadcast that the Cards were down by 7 when we were actually WINNING by 7. Not good.

FanOfTheGame1

Riding The Pine
Reaction score
It's been almost 20 years and I still sometimes refer to the Colts as "Baltimore". I can't be the only one. Give us old folks a break.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Screwups aside, I actually really like Chris Myers as an announcer. He's got a talk show with Bob Golic here in LA that is pretty entertaining. But what the hell was Romanowski doing commontating this game? He was absolutely dreadful. Shouldn't he be on the sidelines at the Raiders game or something?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rivercard
Screwups aside, I actually really like Chris Myers as an announcer. He's got a talk show with Bob Golic here in LA that is pretty entertaining. But what the hell was Romanowski doing commontating this game? He was absolutely dreadful. Shouldn't he be on the sidelines at the Raiders game or something?

Apparently he was in the booth last week as well. He just didn't say anything on the air.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Originally posted by FarAwayFanatic
OK, we've all heard the occasional screwup by an announcer when they accidently say the wrong city for a team or something of that nature (like Baltimore Colts or LA Raiders). But Chris Myers, during our game yesterday, screwed up worse that I've ever seen, and didn't even correct it!

I think it was in the first quarter. They bring up the graphic for the early game scores, and the first game is Seattle-St.Louis. Chris begins the rundown by saying "The Cardinals beat the Seahawks......"!

Yes, during a Cardinal game he was announcing, he referred to St. Louis in an earlier game as the Cardinals! Did anyone else see this? Our bottom-of-the-barrel announcers we always get have hit an all time low.

Al Michaels did it tonight on MNF. He said that the Cardinals had the first or second seed locked up (I can't remember which). Then when they returned after a commerical he said that the Cards don't have anything locked up and that it would be a long time before they did. I think he dis us???