Stump Mitchell?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Speculation is that Keim & Kitchens are battling it out to sign the former Big Red RB for their staffs as either RB coach or as OC.

Go get him fellas!!! Offer him the OC position & lots of ca$h, KK is going to call the plays anyway. This would be a huge addition imo.

He’s been a tremendous RB coach throughout his career of some great running games. Coincidence that DJ hasn’t been the same since he left? I think not. We hired KK to get Rosen right, so I think we need to do everything to get DJ back to “jumpcut Johndon” & return to prominence.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stump left due to lack of opportunity under BA, so bringing him in as an OC to work with K2 would be interesting

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The coach has also been rumored to want his buddy to come up from the ncaa to be an rb coach. I've heard nothing about stump except for people on here wanting him back.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
If we get Stump I'll be a happy camper. Was very disappointed when he left.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The coach has also been rumored to want his buddy to come up from the ncaa to be an rb coach. I've heard nothing about stump except for people on here wanting him back.
I read this a bit differently - The initial report was that Mike Jinks would join the Cards with KK. Then Jinks' name quietly faded from the assistants' list followed shortly by rumors about Mitchell.

Sounds to me like mgt. may have "suggested" that KK bring Stump aboard. (Note - that wouldn't necessarily rule out Jinks for another coaching position).

(No doubt followed by the announcement that Stump is headed for Cleveland or even TB, making me look totally bad).

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Stump as running game coordinator, Spavital as passing game coordinator, and jinks as rb coach. Could work lol

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Can't underestimate Kitchens' ties to Stump though. More likely Stump gets OC title in Cleveland than with us. Hopefully we can hire him in some capacity.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read this a bit differently - The initial report was that Mike Jinks would join the Cards with KK. Then Jinks' name quietly faded from the assistants' list followed shortly by rumors about Mitchell.

Sounds to me like mgt. may have "suggested" that KK bring Stump aboard. (Note - that wouldn't necessarily rule out Jinks for another coaching position).

(No doubt followed by the announcement that Stump is headed for Cleveland or even TB, making me look totally bad).
I guess I just did not see the stump rumors. All I have seen is people here say they want him.

To clarify, I would love him back. I read about the new RB coach coaching DJ to truck players instead of being himself and it showed all season. Coach to the ability, not to your preference. Stump does that.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I guess I just did not see the stump rumors. All I have seen is people here say they want him.

To clarify, I would love him back. I read about the new RB coach coaching DJ to truck players instead of being himself and it showed all season. Coach to the ability, not to your preference. Stump does that.
It was reported on Doug & Wolf about an hour ago