Student Loans

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be down with that.

Here's another idear that I stole from Dennis Miller: No income tax for teachers (also no tax for cops and firemen).

That is a great idea.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
disagree about giving federal incentives to certain jobs - i also think that none of us should be paying federal income tax, but that is a different topic altogether

i want people in those positions who are there because it's what they love to do - not because it's a tax break or a route to a free education - i could see the quality dropping off with such a plan

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
disagree about giving federal incentives to certain jobs - i also think that none of us should be paying federal income tax, but that is a different topic altogether

i want people in those positions who are there because it's what they love to do - not because it's a tax break or a route to a free education - i could see the quality dropping off with such a plan

I disagree. I think the quality would improve. I think there are a lot of people out there that would make excellent teachers but don't pursue it because it's not very well paying, and there's no incentive to do so.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a low-paying job that happens to be essential to our country. It needs to be incentivized somehow, because the way the free market is set up, it's not going to be able to make itself attractive.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
somehow, but I don't think that is the way

btw - something that just changed that I do not agree with at all is I believe the tax credit teachers could use for classroom materials, etc has been removed - I haven't confirmed this yet, but if true that is horrid

i think the job would be more attractive if they cut down the amount of expense & red tape that teachers have to endure - the base salary in and of itself when combined with what is normally a good benefit package and a very stable career is not bad at all