Strength of schedule... Cards dead last

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
SOS means nothing at this time of year, but I guess it's better than the other end of the spectrum.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Just remembered that the NFC West and AFC West play eachother this year. Lot of crappy teams: Rams, Seahawks, Chiefs, Raiders.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Way too early to tell. Some bad teams will be good next year and vice versa.

That said, we do have the defending Super Bowl champs along with SD, Minn, and Dallas on the schedule. 49ers obvioulsy give us all we can handle as well. Our SOS is weak right off the bat w/ the seahawks and rams in our division

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish SOS would go the way of the Dodo and Marvin Harrison.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
I wish SOS would go the way of the Dodo and Marvin Harrison.

If SOS shoots someone, throws the gun away which is subsequently found at its business, kills the witnesses, and somehow still isn't charged will it go away. :D

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
I'm glad that the Card's schedule looks easy pre-season, but with the parity in this league nowadays, it doesn't mean much. Bad teams surprise and overachieve. Good teams fall. It happens every year.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that the Card's schedule looks easy pre-season, but with the parity in this league nowadays, it doesn't mean much. Bad teams surprise and overachieve. Good teams fall. It happens every year.
Not only that, but since the divisions are playing such similar schedules it almost doesn't matter--we've all essentially got the same row to hoe.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and we have a qb who no one knows how well he will do, if leinart plays well all is good if not were going to be in bad times :(.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I don't see this as valid in a real sense. I look at our schedule and it looks tough as hell! That's fine by me because that means our guys have to bring it every week to be a top team, but we face a 9ers team we lost to twice last year, the cowgirls, the Vikes, the Chargers and a New Orleans team that whomped us on our backside in the playoffs. Where's the 'easy'?

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How can we complain? Easiest Schedule

The cards were given the 32nd hardest schedule based on 2009 opponent records. It cant get easier than that. Last time that happened was 1998.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Such a no win situation, If the team does poorly this year, It's magnified 100X.

If we do well and make the playoffs, it's only because we had
THE EASIEST SCHEDULE EVaR!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Such a no win situation, If the team does poorly this year, It's magnified 100X.

If they do poorly this year against this schedule, against this division, it dhould be magnified. It will be an epic fail.

Make the playoffs, easiest schedule or not, who cares?

:)

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Actually 1998 was the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL. Honestly, no team ever had a lower opponent winning percentage. This year doesnt even come close.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually 1998 was the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL. Honestly, no team ever had a lower opponent winning percentage. This year doesnt even come close.
Kinda telling that the Cards had to win four, was it five, games in a row to eek into the playoffs.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A back-handed slap by the media...

That the schedule itself is "easy" is meaningless. It's the way the media makes a big deal out of it that's annoying. BUT, ya' know what...I don't give a rats' butt! Once you're in the play-offs you still have to play the best of the best. ...And in all those years playing in the NFC EAST not once did a fellow fan ever say to me...I feel bad for the Cardinals because they play in the NFL's toughest division in football. So, let all the mouths make noise! I'll kick back and fully enjoy my play-off game! ie; Rodgers back to pass-ball loose--Dansby has it--racing for the end-zone--TOUCHDOWN!!! CARDINALS WIN!!!! GO CARDS! :D