Street Fighter 6

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fighting games were so amazing when they started, but, man did that genre get super boring for me.

When everyone was playing them, you had to go to the arcade or your buddies house and etc...it was a whole different thing.

Now it is just muscle memory and combo memorization. If you have played it and someone else has not, it is game over. If you go online, those people have played it way mroe than you and it is game over.

I dunno, I get bored of them after like 10 minutes these days. But, back then, Mortal kombat on SNES? all night long.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fighting games were so amazing when they started, but, man did that genre get super boring for me.

When everyone was playing them, you had to go to the arcade or your buddies house and etc...it was a whole different thing.

Now it is just muscle memory and combo memorization. If you have played it and someone else has not, it is game over. If you go online, those people have played it way mroe than you and it is game over.

I dunno, I get bored of them after like 10 minutes these days. But, back then, Mortal kombat on SNES? all night long.

Spot on. Up down left right left right x y b a x a b y x down, is not fun.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Extreme memorization simulator

I bought a Mortal Kombat on sale a few months back and didn't even get through the tutorial because it was all that combo button presses. Maybe some of the younger folks have time to spend on that, but I'm looking to have fun and learn along the way.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a Mortal Kombat on sale a few months back and didn't even get through the tutorial because it was all that combo button presses. Maybe some of the younger folks have time to spend on that, but I'm looking to have fun and learn along the way.
Pretty much. MK was always my favorite but that's all it is now. It's not fun.

If you want to go old school, the Xbox 360 "fight night" boxing game is my recommend. The left and right sticks are your arms. Swing it around for a hook, tap it up for a jab, etc. So awesome. One of the only games I completed to 100%

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are fun, but only couch co-op. When I get together with my gamer buddy a few times a year, we play fighting games like MK.

To be fair though, we usually go back to old school street fighter games. We usually play MK just so someone can win and perform the fatalities.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. MK was always my favorite but that's all it is now. It's not fun.

If you want to go old school, the Xbox 360 "fight night" boxing game is my recommend. The left and right sticks are your arms. Swing it around for a hook, tap it up for a jab, etc. So awesome. One of the only games I completed to 100%
Those boxing games were amazing. I still get an itch to play them every once in a while. Like boxing itself though, they just died.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are fun, but only couch co-op. When I get together with my gamer buddy a few times a year, we play fighting games like MK.

To be fair though, we usually go back to old school street fighter games. We usually play MK just so someone can win and perform the fatalities.
Couch co op makes them lots of fun if everyone knows how to play. Maybe that's the big thing. Back in the day we ALL played sf and mk. It's not that way anymore so if you want experience, it's not fun for noobs to play you.

I remember even spending hours on Dreamcast playing soul caliber

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Those boxing games were amazing. I still get an itch to play them every once in a while. Like boxing itself though, they just died.

If boxing is dead why are they all so rich- Bomani Jones

Boxing is very much alive and well. You know it pretty much out does UFC in every category. Perception and reality are two different things

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If boxing is dead why are they all so rich- Bomani Jones

Boxing is very much alive and well. You know it pretty much out does UFC in every category. Perception and reality are two different things
I didn't mean literally, I meant the intriguing fights are pretty much dead. There is typically only one good fight per year and that may be generous.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also not true at all.
Agree to disagree. Although I will defer since I do not follow the sports as religiously as I did from the late 80s up until about 5 or 6 years ago.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Although I will defer since I do not follow the sports as religiously as I did from the late 80s up until about 5 or 6 years ago.

And that was pretty much the whole point of the debate on ESPN.

It’s kinda like oh you don’t watch it so you think no one else watches it. It was baseball and boxing and it’s like well if no one watching why are all these guys getting paid so much. It’s because plenty of people still watch it’s the media that’s changed.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that was pretty much the whole point of the debate on ESPN.

It’s kinda like oh you don’t watch it so you think no one else watches it. It was baseball and boxing and it’s like well if no one watching why are all these guys getting paid so much. It’s because plenty of people still watch it’s the media that’s changed.

I don't disagree. Let's say that there is a distinct personality missing in boxing these days outside of Tyson Fury.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UFC and boxing both no longer have the mega characters that drive the new viewership. The mike tysons and connor mcgregors of the world do wonders for sports.

UFC got watered down to me and lost my interest. Plus, its all on random channels and etc you have to actually seek if you want to see it so it ends up not on my radar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA