Straight Pride Parade Planned

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by LVG, Jun 5, 2019.

1. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

I dont have access to that but w/e, just having a discussion with Linder.

2. BigRedRage

I can see it now. Yeah...I was mostly just discussing terms and stuff, this guy can kick rocks.

I wonder if the public catches full win of this and what it does to their parade

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk

3. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

I think Kel was referencing the last line of your post, where you said when most people say white pride, we know what it really means.

I don't necessarily disagree with your post, but being white isn't really a heritage (imo). I am proud of some of my ancestry, and that's fine. But there's not a whole lot that's actually rooted in "whiteness" to be proud of.

Ouchie-Z-Clown and Kel Varnsen like this.
  4. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Yes. Thanks. :)

Linderbee likes this.
  5. BigRedRage

I dunno, I just don't like the thought process of "you can't be proud of x because you as a human grouping haven't had it as hard as other human groupings in the current landscapes"

That's kinda how a lot of the posts have read.

I guess I'm just steering sideways of the inflammatory bullcrap of straight parades and the use of white pride to mask racism and instead found more interest in the way this thread seems to say that if you're a straight white person you really have nothing to be proud of and should not express otherwise. I'm thinking maybe the overly crappy side on one side is making the other side swing too hard away from it and take it to an extreme too

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2019
  6. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I think it boils down to what pride is. I think most people are proud of their heritage, culture, or ethnicity because of something that group accomplished or is associated with.

For instance I’m proud to be Jewish not because of Judaism in a vacuum. I’m proud because no matter how many times the world has tried to extinguish us we’ve survived (hence most of our holidays being: they tried to kill us, we survived. Let’s eat), and our emphasis on analytical thinking and debate, and education, and family, and professional success. They don’t all always happen, but they are hallmarks of my people.

Similarly others are proud of what they’ve overcome (like slavery for black people) among other reasons, or their beliefs (like strong faith in Jesus for Christians). So they are proud of the “why” behind the what or who.

So i guess my question to someone that says they’re proud of what they are is . . . why? And that’s neither meant to be challenge or argumentative, but rather inquisitive.

7. Kel Varnsen

8. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Who?

9. Yuma

Yuma I got a job! Thanks BigRedRage!

I think part of the posts point out, white heterosexuals ARE proud of who they are. Without thinking they make comments about their heterosexuality ALL the time. Because they don't watch their speech like other groups who are less accepted, heterosexuals don't realize how much they comment on their heterosexuality. Most of the time the white and proud proud part is expressed without thinking, too. I am part a LOT of cultures. I know many celebrate Saint Patrick's Day and being Irish without a thought if it is offensive to others. There's such a white majority, most people think, St. Patrick's Day? What's offensive about that? I know I have been to Polish Day Celebtrations, Italian Day Celebrations, etc. It's not like there are NO white celebrations. LOL. Most of my white friends don't realize they have white celebrations. When I pointed out that we were going to a white celebration to one of my friends for Italian Day, they started arguing with me, until it dawned on them I was right. White people don't consider these white celebrations.

10. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Am I PROUD that I like women? How stupid does that sound??

Gay Pride is totally different—it’s not about them being proud that they like members of the same sex, it’s about them being proud that they can live the lifestyle without fear. That has no place at all in so-called straight pride.

carrrnuttt and Russ Smith like this.
  11. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

Bah, people express pride in being straight and white all the time. Look at one of these trucks which you can see multiple times, every day, in Phoenix flying American flags and/or Trump flags. Then look at the driver. There will be a very common trend that you will notice in the driver of those trucks.

carrrnuttt and ozzfloyd like this.
  12. Kel Varnsen

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carrrnuttt and ozzfloyd like this.
  13. BigRedRage

Yes. Flying an American flag is claiming white pride. Makes sense.

14. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

You said straight white males cannot Express pride in who they are. So, yes it does.

Ever see a truck with a rainbow flag?

15. MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey Thank You Paul!

I really didn't see anything in this pay that said if you are straight and white you have nothing to be proud of

On the subject of vehicle accessories, how frequently do you see those family stickers?

Pretty obvious straight pride there.

Social media posts on anniversaries, good date nights, child birth?

Again, all straight pride.

It's just so common and no the norm that people don't recognize it.

I have cousins and nieces and nephews that are HS aged and saw a slew of prom pictures, homecoming dates, etc.

Not a single one had anything inflammatory. Just boiler plate have fun, lovely couple, be safe, etc

That isn't the experience for same sex couples. You're going to eat a lot of negativity on the basis of your sexuality

Linderbee, carrrnuttt and Yuma like this.