Stop Complaining...Be happy

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
We Did Our Best to get Manning...Period..Did any one watch the movie MoneyBall...Well the kid took the money and played miserable..He should of stayed in school..The point is if Manning wanted to play here Because he loved it here so much he would of signed within a few days..He wants to get paid by someone..He is playing everyone like a bunch of violins..I have been a Cardinal fan along time...since day one..since they landed in Tempe...Win or loose I will always Support my Cardinals no matter what they do..They have a lot of time and money in invested in Kolb..Let them do their job and everything should work out..If you want to cry and say they didn't try then don't support them..Doesnt matter if their is 15000 people in the stands or 75000 I will still be there in the front row supporting my Cardinals..GETTING MY JIGGY ON..PEACE IM OUT..

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We Did Our Best to get Manning...Period..Did any one watch the movie MoneyBall...Well the kid took the money and played miserable..He should of stayed in school..The point is if Manning wanted to play here Because he loved it here so much he would of signed within a few days..He wants to get paid by someone..He is playing everyone like a bunch of violins..I have been a Cardinal fan along time...since day one..since they landed in Tempe...Win or loose I will always Support my Cardinals no matter what they do..They have a lot of time and money in invested in Kolb..Let them do their job and everything should work out..If you want to cry and say they didn't try then don't support them..Doesnt matter if their is 15000 people in the stands or 75000 I will still be there in the front row supporting my Cardinals..GETTING MY JIGGY ON..PEACE IM OUT..
:rockon:

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Well said. As I stated in another thread I'm proud they went for it I'm not going to blame them the NFL is a business and Peyton Manning wasn't being forthright with them. They did the best they could for us and themselves as they said they would with the new stadium and they will continue to do so and we have a lot to look forward to.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Well said. As I stated in another thread I'm proud they went for it I'm not going to blame them the NFL is a business and Peyton Manning wasn't being forthright with them. They did the best they could for us and themselves as they said they would with the new stadium and they will continue to do so and we have a lot to look forward to.

pure speculation

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I won't complain about the PM situation because 1) He would have generated buzz but who knows how healthy he is 2) One good hit and his season/career could be done.

I will complain that ARZ needs to stop with the procrastinating and fill some other holes. I won't buy the..this team only needed PM and now that he is not option we're still a playoff team because that is BS. This team needs to get Bell & Wimbley, they would have created space to pay Manning they can do the same to get these 2 guys. Start by signing CC to a long term deal and free up some more cash, why is the front office taking so long on this?

I will not accept "well we fixed the line with Snyder, Brown and maybe Martin or Reiff" because those guys aren't much different than what we tolerated last year. Plus our secondary took a hit with the loss of Marshall and some may say he got more than he should have. Well welcome to FA where teams overpay to sign guys. So now we have another hole and it doesn't look like management has a plan to replace him, Toler ain't going to cut it.

This offseason so far has been a major disappointment.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Big Tony, I remember you from the SDS days. You used to have a ticket to the South End Zone. We enjoyed many a dance celebration of yours, as we were crazy end zonies too. Those were fun days, even in the heat. Good to hear from you. Stay safe, and well.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey Tony. Always nice to hear from a REAL fan.:thumbup:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I won't complain about the PM situation because 1) He would have generated buzz but who knows how healthy he is 2) One good hit and his season/career could be done.

Yup, we'll be OK.

We'll have to build it right. The FO is on the right track setting up to drafting
the BPA in early rounds. Try for some depth help later on.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he REALLY wanted to be a Cardinal Peyton would call Whis and say, "I really want to play for you," then he would tell his agent, "do everything you can to make Arizona happen."

And, we would still make it happen in spite of Kolb's bonus. I don't doubt that at all, but he's not going to give us that chance.

Whatever, I still expect our defense to take a step up another notch and make the playoffs. This could be the year two NFC West teams make the playoffs.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
7-2 No complaints.

6-17 we be complainin' bro.

Always be a die hard Cardinal fan but sit around complacently while guys like Dave McGinnis and Denny Green go 5-11 every year. No way.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What can we learn from this (to apply - ughhh! - next time)?

1. Were we on a fool's errand to begin with?

2. Were we too trusting of the Mannings?

3. Did we say and do all the right things during negotiations?

4. Did we underestimate or overestimate certain contenders or the Mannings themselves?

5. Did we overestimate or underestimate certain deal components?

6. What things most caught us by surprise?

7. What would we do different next time?

8. Etc.?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

4. Did we underestimate or overestimate certain contenders or the Mannings themselves?

8. Etc.?

Get a bigger club and use it. In the NFL, nice guys finish last.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

8. Etc.?

Over anylyzing imo.

We hoped. He's diligently seeking the right combo of potential and $$. Simple as that. It wasn't a fit right now for him. He's allready getting ridiculous offers, imo.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Love it. +1

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I will complain that ARZ needs to stop with the procrastinating and fill some other holes. I won't buy the..this team only needed PM and now that he is not option we're still a playoff team because that is BS. This team needs to get Bell & Wimbley, they would have created space to pay Manning they can do the same to get these 2 guys. Start by signing CC to a long term deal and free up some more cash, why is the front office taking so long on this?

I will not accept "well we fixed the line with Snyder, Brown and maybe Martin or Reiff" because those guys aren't much different than what we tolerated last year. Plus our secondary took a hit with the loss of Marshall and some may say he got more than he should have. Well welcome to FA where teams overpay to sign guys. So now we have another hole and it doesn't look like management has a plan to replace him, Toler ain't going to cut it.

This offseason so far has been a major disappointment.

Agree with most of this. I don't think the offseason has been a failure however. The PM search actually helped us in free agency by assuring we'll get more consideration from other free agents next year and the year after.

One thing I totally agree with is if they said they could restructure contracts (like Kolb's) and possibly Campbell to accommodate Peyton Manning then I think they should sign Campbell now to a longer term deal just as if PM had been here. Why wait?

I think losing Marshall is going to bother everyone when the games start more than they care now. Dude fit Horton's scheme and philosophy perfectly. Could play multiple positions. Always brings his man down. I'm really bummed we let Marshall get away. I don't care if he was overpaid, it wasn't by a lot. Not like Bradley getting way overpaid.

OP
OP
BIGTONY

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
The Cardinals are doing their best..IMHO remember their organization is built around the Pittsburgh Steelers of the west..Thats why they hired Whiz and Company..When was the last time you heard the Steelers make a run at a huge free agent..It will never happen, not in a million years..Luck as alot to do with it also..Im not saying Ben is a stud but he is a pretty good qb..He has come along way..If we could get the off line fixed we could be pretty darn good..Kolb just needs the time and Patience to be a good Quarterback..I think he will..And I'm sorry if I type like this but Im no English Major in no way..Just a good person that likes to move and jiggly..Plus its my style so get over with it and enjoy some good old fashioned Cardinals Talk......

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Cardinals are doing their best..IMHO remember their organization is built around the Pittsburgh Steelers of the west..Thats why they hired Whiz and Company..When was the last time you heard the Steelers make a run at a huge free agent..It will never happen, not in a million years..Luck as alot to do with it also..Im not saying Ben is a stud but he is a pretty good qb..He has come along way..If we could get the off line fixed we could be pretty darn good..Kolb just needs the time and Patience to be a good Quarterback..I think he will..And I'm sorry if I type like this but Im no English Major in no way..Just a good person that likes to move and jiggly..Plus its my style so get over with it and enjoy some good old fashioned Cardinals Talk......

Not anymore. The Cards are trying to be the Ravens of the West. The 2012 Cardinals are going to be the 2000 Ravens. Just watch.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Its only 4 days old.:shrug:

Losing Marshall and netting a guy like Adam Snyder in 4 days is disappointing IMO. The Cardinals may have been waiting for PM to make his decision before making moves but with or without Manning that OL needs to be upgraded, re-signing Brown even to play RT is not going to make this OL better.

My disappointment is not just related to the last 4 days for ARZ but how the rest of FA will pan out. This FA class had very few impact guys and most of them are off the board. The remaining guys that could help (Winston, Bell, Wimbley, Tulloch, Manningham, Ross) will more than likely sign elsewhere and ARZ will overpay for guys who will not help and try to make it sound like they will put us over the top. Hell, they can't even get CC deals done which upsets me because he should have been done already.