Still a Playoff Team

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals are a playoff team. Agree with Harry.

Only thing we need is health. If Cardinals core players are healthy by week 15,16 watch out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We have one of the best red zone defenses in the NFL? :shrug:
The argument was the only reason they scored that much was bc we put them in good field position. The presumption made there is they wouldn’t be able to get into the good field position without our turnovers. That’s faulty given the fact they drive consistently on us in the first quarter.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm sure you don't, and even if you did you'd dog me.

Riddle me this: Why didn't they score more than 24 given their convincing movement of the ball; why did it come down to a muffed punt leading to 3 and a pick-off inside the 15 yd line adding 7?
Bc in the SECOND half we started moving the ball and playing better defense. In the FIRST half - you know when we got the short field that you claim is the only reason they scored - they moved the ball at will.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm sure you don't, and even if you did you'd dog me.

Riddle me this: Why didn't they score more than 24 given their convincing movement of the ball; why did it come down to a muffed punt leading to 3 and a pick-off inside the 15 yd line adding 7?
Also, just because I disagree with you doesn’t (a) mean I’m “dogging you” and (b) certainly doesn’t require a snide attack on me. Funny how the most delicate on here are quickest to attack.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How good a defense is all comes down to points allowed. We are now 3rd in the NFL, allowing 17.2 ppg. Bills #1, Saints #2. The Packers scored 14 pts on two drives that started in the red zone due to turnovers. The majority of their points. They also had long, time consuming drives that ate clock and resulted in ten points. That's because the defense made two turnovers on downs at the end of two of those drives.

Both things you guys are arguing about are true. So, what's the beef?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good stuff as usual, Harry. I just hope we don't have a second half of the season collapse like we did last year. If Kyler is not really 100%, I would rest him against the 49ers.

AzRedbird69

Reaction score
Just a couple observations. KK doesn't seem to have any killer instinct. Aaron and co. we're attacking Marcus Wilson with short passes. I didn't see our game plan develope. Didn't see any determination on O. The last drive was great, the first 3/4 was not. Defensively was too soft most of the time. ARod was never really pressured, he released it quickly or they ran for 5-6 yards

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are the best team in the league.

Chandler J is back. Get Rodney Hudson back. Keep Kyler and DHop mobile. All will be well.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Ya I completely disagree and don't feel this is a confirmed fact/evidence "KK's playbook = KK's offence."...My opinion is it is more so Kyler and the weapons around him. Put 31 other OC's and I don't think your results vary much or if at all (other than pairing a more competent OC.. thus better results).

Up-tempo is far more Kyler doing the work than Kliffy. Audible'
Spot on post... Kliffy is worried about making 'his' way work rather than playing to the team's strengths and identity. he simply still can not adjust. We have won based on offensive talent and great defense. I am convinced that going up tempo to allow Kyler have more control of audibles/having less involvement of Kliffy makes this a better offense 100%. From slow start 1st halds, to how good we look in up-tempo second halfs (this year and last year) to Kliffy being less involved in the Cleveland game - the evidence speaks for itself.

Also agree on your defensive coaching standpoint. It was maddening not to see us try something different. At least if Rodgers did torch us throw the air a few times, it would have gave the offense more possessions - which I would have like in this game as I don't think GB could have kept up if we made this a high scoring up-tempo affair.

Queue the Kliffy defenders without validation other than our record... which Kiem should be credited.
Bump. Great post.