Steve Keim - Trade Wizard - Go Get Fletcher Cox

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I saw that Jim Schwartz is taking a year off and I know the Eagles have some cap issues they will be going through. That led me to look at Fletcher Cox with our needs on the DL and WOW was I shocked.

Fletcher Cox is 100% available. The Eagles will save 16 mil in cap space and only eat 7.88 mil if they trade Cox. As an organization which is currently 73 mil over the upcoming cap, this should be a very straightforward move to make especially when you consider the voice that Cox is in that locker room.

Come one Keim, make this happen.

For those who are cap concerned, Cox would cost 16 and 15 over the upcoming years, but the Cardinals could either restructure his deal with an extension.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
It depends what they would they would let him go for. He’s probably got a couple good years left so I wouldn’t want to give up more than a 3rd

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It depends what they would they would let him go for. He’s probably got a couple good years left so I wouldn’t want to give up more than a 3rd
2022 3rd likely gets it done. It's only because the market will likely be fairly limited on teams trying to take on that level of salary for a 30 year old guy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I saw that Jim Schwartz is taking a year off and I know the Eagles have some cap issues they will be going through. That led me to look at Fletcher Cox with our needs on the DL and WOW was I shocked.

Fletcher Cox is 100% available. The Eagles will save 16 mil in cap space and only eat 7.88 mil if they trade Cox. As an organization which is currently 73 mil over the upcoming cap, this should be a very straightforward move to make especially when you consider the voice that Cox is in that locker room.

For those who are cap concerned, Cox would cost 16 and 15 over the upcoming years, but the Cardinals could either restructure his deal with an extension.

YES! Cox would instantly be one of the better DL the Cardinals have had in their Arizona years.

Reaction score

I would do it in a heart beat

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I just don't think defensive line is one of our biggest needs going into next season. We have more pressing needs at corner back and linebacker on defense; and wide receiver, running back, and interior offensive line on offense. With our tight cap situation and so many free agents I can't see us allocating big cap dollars to the defensive line.

Also, I really liked the way Zach Allen looked at the end of the season and I think there's room for optimism on the development of Leki Fotu and Rashard Lawrence. It usually takes defensive lineman a year or two to develop in the NFL. I'd sign Cory Peters and call it a day with our young defensive lineman and a returning Jordan Phillips.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't think defensive line is one of our biggest needs going into next season. We have more pressing needs at corner back and linebacker on defense; and wide receiver, running back, and interior offensive line on offense. With our tight cap situation and so many free agents I can't see us allocating big cap dollars to the defensive line.

Also, I really liked the way Zach Allen looked at the end of the season and I think there's room for optimism on the development of Leki Fotu and Rashard Lawrence. It usually takes defensive lineman a year or two to develop in the NFL. I'd sign Cory Peters and call it a day with our young defensive lineman and a returning Jordan Phillips.

Totally agree. We don't have the luxury of spending the little bit of cap room we have on D-lineman.

Corner has to be fixed and needs to be the priority.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our defense line got killed by injuries this year I don’t think it’s a weakness