Stetson Bennett?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
27 TD's and only 7 INT's vs top competition last year ...add to it a National Championship and over 4k yards passing

year before

29 TD's and 7 INTS and another National Championship

He's played and beaten the best of the best at the college level

IMHO the Cardinals should take a flyer on him in the 4th or 5th with Kyler out and Colt in rough shape. See what the kid can do.

Thoughts?

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I would really really like to see us take a Qb in the 4th or 5th and then name them the starter until Kyler is back.

We need a backup QB at the very least, and what better way for a rookie to learn than to be thrown into the fire with little to no pressure to win.

I like Bennet, but if the coaches like any QB in that range...I dont really care who it is. Get someone hand picked by THIS FO and then let them have the entire offseason, preseason, and like 8 weeks of the season to prepare like a starter.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definitely feel we should take a qb in the 4th or later rounds. Bennett would be good and I'm sure there are others. This most likely will be McCoy's last year and it will be nice to be developing another young qb.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
27 TD's and only 7 INT's vs top competition last year ...add to it a National Championship and over 4k yards passing

year before

29 TD's and 7 INTS and another National Championship

He's played and beaten the best of the best at the college level

IMHO the Cardinals should take a flyer on him in the 4th or 5th with Kyler out and Colt in rough shape. See what the kid can do.

Thoughts?

He's almost as old as Colt McCoy right now!

Ok I kid but he's 2 months younger than Kyler is.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
25/26 for a qb Its like 18 for a rb

Kyler Murray has been in the league 4 years and is only 2 months older than Bennett. He'll be 30 the first time he plays on a none rookie deal.

6th is fair for that plus his talent level.

Georgia QBs are a mugs game. The only one to ever do anything in the league is Stafford. I can't even think of one that even made a reasonable backup.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How tall is he? Is he a team leader with good film study habits? Can he play under center? :D
Only 5'11" - and what is it with Georgia players these days?

Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett has had a series of missteps since helping his team win a second consecutive national championship.

The one he has had to answer the most questions about from NFL teams this week is his Jan. 26 arrest in Dallas for public intoxication. According to an incident report released by police this week, Bennett “hid behind a wall” in a possible attempt to evade police.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think the last thing we need is another sub six foot QB and only 186 lbs. I would rather take Jake Haener, Fresno State. He seems to have more upside.

Last edited:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only 5'11" - and what is it with Georgia players these days?

Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett has had a series of missteps since helping his team win a second consecutive national championship.

The one he has had to answer the most questions about from NFL teams this week is his Jan. 26 arrest in Dallas for public intoxication. According to an incident report released by police this week, Bennett “hid behind a wall” in a possible attempt to evade police.

Public intoxication? I am sure none of have ever been intoxicated in public. In my 20's, I am sure I was quite a few times. Sounds like one of those crimes like "loitering" that give the police a lot of latitude on where they could literally fill all the jail cells if they decided to enforce it. :incoming correction from @Shane :

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Public intoxication? I am sure none of have ever been intoxicated in public. In my 20's, I am sure I was quite a few times. Sounds like one of those crimes like "loitering" that give the police a lot of latitude on where they could literally fill all the jail cells if they decided to enforce it. :incoming correction from @Shane :
I really have no opinion on it. I was a police officer in Vegas for 24 years. No such thing as a public intoxication law here… :)

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Surprisingly good combine. Good chance he goes in third round.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm out on drafting a late QB and putting them in the spot to be our starter for the beginning of the season. I can accept walking into 2023 with no expectations, but let's not just throw in the towel before things even get going.

I'd be fine drafting a young kid for future potential as our 3rd stringer if we already have a 2nd guy that isn't Colt ready to play the start of the season and not push us to bring back Kyler too early though. obviously last year showed us and many teams you can suddenly be down to nothing in the QB room.

I have nothing against Colt, but he'll be 37 this year and should probably hang it up at the end of the season. Guys with stronger arms and more NFL success haven't played that late into their careers.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Bennett will go earlier than people think. I’m thinking maybe he’s a fourth rd pick?

How can you not love the pedigree? Say what you will about him but he literally played his best games on the biggest stages. To me, that means something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson